2 Bad batches, very frustrating!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unfnole23

Reaction score
I have 2 batches that I just tried for the first time this past week. AHS Holiday ale (brewed early December, bottled Jan 4th) and a Hefeweizen from a local brewstore ( brewed Jan 4th, kegged 2 wks later). The holiday ale came out very spicy and just doesn't taste very good. I am hoping in time the spices settle. The hefe is alright, it just doesn't have much taste. I've been brewing for over a year and have about 10 great batches under my belt, so this was very frustrating. I can't wait to brew a new batch and get past these batches. Until then I have a lot of mediocre beer drinking to attend to! Any other stories of brewing disappointment out there?

As far as the spices go those will dissipate over time.

For your Hefeweizen; how high did you ferment? Hefeweizens are yeast driven in flavor, if your fermentation temps were too low then you probably didn't get enough ester/phenol flavors.

Back