Yeasty taste

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerN

Reaction score
This sounds a bit mad and I've pondered over posting this or not but here goes anyway.
I took a cold homebrew out of the fridge this evening and it tasted quite yeasty. As it warmed up (I was drinking it slowly ;) ) The yeasty taste became less pronounced.
Was this because I was getting accostomed to the taste or did the temp. of the beer affect the taste.
I know some beers taste better at warmer temps, I'm British after all :D but I'm not sure if a warmer beer tastes less yeasty.
What do you think or am I losing the plot.

Roger

this may be a stupid answer, but are you emptying the entire contents of the bottle into the glass? i always left a little behind, so i wouldn't pour out the sediment in the bottle into my pint glass.
or, maybe it needs to sit a bit longer to carbonate and age?
no stupid questions here.

Given that you've just come back from 30 days in the north sea, chances are pretty good that you're losing your plot. ;)

Or, could be that 30 days abstinence has just made you a little more sensitive to the yeast taste?

DeRoux's Broux no stupid answers either mate, no I am usually pretty careful when pouring not to get any sediment in my glass. However I always drink it at the end, it keeps you regular you know plus it costs money :p
El Pistolero there wasn't much've a plot to begin with otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to go back to sea in civvy street after 23 years in the Navy :D
I think the answer is to let it mature for a bit longer it was only brewed and bottled last leave.
Thanks for the replies fella's.

Roger.

Back