Spaten

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spaten is brewed in Germany, it is a Dark sometimes Amber wheat beer that is brewed in Bavarian tradition.

RockJeep said:
When I was in Italy I had a beer called Spaten, it was pretty good. Yet I don't recall where it is brewed. Who knows?
thanks
bob

Otis_The_Drunk said:
Spaten is brewed in Germany, it is a Dark sometimes Amber wheat beer that is brewed in Bavarian tradition.
I really enjoy their Oktoberfest. Can find it at most local shops.

Spaten is brewed in Munich. If you remember what the label looks like it is a red "shovel" or "spaten".

I used to live 40 miles from Munich. I lived in Germany for 9 years and been to plenty of Oktoberfests.

BTW, any "ator" beer is extra strong, for Lent purposes.

Actually, "ator" is a suffix not a prefix. A "prefix" is "pre" or "before".

"Liquid Bread" in German would be "flussig brot". It is just a common phrase meaning you get all the grains without the fiber.

Correct, it is used for Lent since monks were supposed to fast (much like Ramadan where the Muslins fast during daylight hours, but theyt get around that too so where's the sacrifice, which this is supposed to be all about).

If you remember stereotypical pictures of monks always look fat. The reason is because of the beer. During Lent a monks daily ration of beer was 5 liters. That's right, 5 liters!

Back