ball lock connector to hose barb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 64661

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this.

I just bought a blichmann beer gun but didn't buy the $20 kit as I figured I wouldn't need additional ball lock fittings and tubes.

What I didn't realize was the beer gun doesn't come with one very important piece. The gas in fitting. So I head down to Lowes and find a hose barg to 1/4" MIP fitting, great - now I'm ready, or maybe not...

Now I need to figure out how to attach my CO2 line? I have ball lock kegs. I have a four way valve coming off my CO2 tank with four threaded disconnects. I was thinking of getting another barb fitting to screw into a ball lock post (the one the gray connector goes on) but don't know if someone has already done this and could provide the info on what fitting to look for. Or does someone know what fitting would connect to the threaded tail piece or whatever it's called.

This way I don't have to fight with a double barbs and screw clamps on one of my four CO2 outlets (and the leaks associated) and could just pop the barb/poppet assembly onto the gas in connector when I want to fill bottles.

Cheers,

txinga

Are you trying to connect flare fittings to NPT fittings? It might be easier to provide pictures to help us figure out how to help you.

This is already getting WAY over-engineered...

KISS is head to a Harbor Freight or other like store. Buy a brass airline QD. I use these on both my Co2 tanks With no problems. After a year 1 now has a slow leak in it and needs replaced, So I will have to spend $5... You will also need hose barbs. (Oddly I was headed to that store today for a non-related project so thanks for the reminder!) The other QD is still fine.

That was a light bulb moment right there!!

Thanks,

txinga

This is already getting WAY over-engineered...

KISS is head to a Harbor Freight or other like store. Buy a brass airline QD. I use these on both my Co2 tanks With no problems. After a year 1 now has a slow leak in it and needs replaced, So I will have to spend $5... You will also need hose barbs. (Oddly I was headed to that store today for a non-related project so thanks for the reminder!) The other QD is still fine.

Back