Wow! Just tried 2 Bros- Dunkle Weiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syd138

Reaction score
Amazing beer. I love Weissbier.. and especiall dark wheat ales (ie. Unibroue- Chambly Noire)

But this is the best Dunkle Weiss I have ever had. They just released it a couple weeks ago.

Check it out..

Artisan

Tried this on tap with my chicken sandwich at the Taphouse last Friday night. Ebel's Weiss has always been one of my favorite Hefe's, but I couldn't really get into the Bonfire as much. I would definitely order another pint at the pub, but the mouthfeel and yeast esters didn't play well with my pallate at the time. I'll blame the food combination, chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries, and schedule some more research in the near future.

Have you had the American Mild they had on tap at the restaurant? Not as good as Three Floyds Pride and Joy, but a definite winner and something I wish I could get from them in a sixer.

I had their american mild a few months ago when I was in their tap house. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe and I have it kegged and it's next in line to move into the kegerator. Can't wait to taste it.

Nice job, drunkatuw. Would you happen to have the recipe posted somewhere on HBT or would you be willing to forward via PM? I was thinking I'd like to brew up a pale ale, but then it struck me that their american mild might be more drinkable during the week.

Thanks,
Patrick

After I brew the cream ale this weekend, next up is a nice Dunkle Weiss.

I'm currently looking for a partial mash kit or recipe.

I have loved it since I first tasted it in Bavaria back in the 80's.

The captain has arrived! I've heard Biermuncher's Cream of Three Crops is a fantastic recipe, in case you haven't committed to a Cream Ale recipe yet. I'm a fan of the German wheat beers, but I've never really had a dunkle until Two Brothers Bonfire Dunkelweizen. Was a tasty brew...if you had to recommend a readily available dunkle that takes you back to Bavaria which would it be? Just curious...

Thanks,
Patrick

After I brew the cream ale this weekend, next up is a nice Dunkle Weiss.

I'm currently looking for a partial mash kit or recipe.

I have loved it since I first tasted it in Bavaria back in the 80's.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f12/franziskaner-hefe-weissen-dunkel-89585/

Heres a partial-mash recipe from DeathBrewer from another thread:

3 lbs Wheat Malt
2 lbs Munich Malt
0.25 lbs Chocolate Malt
3 lbs Dry Wheat Malt Extract (or 4 lbs Liquid)
0.75 oz hops for 60 minutes (tettnanger, hallertau or saaz)
WLP380

Back