Md Spring brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When should we do it!

• April 19

• April 20

• April 26

• April 27

• May 3

• May 4

• May10

• May11

• May17

• May18

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sounds like a crazy day. Maybe I will be able to make the next one. Hopefully, I will be done with my new brew station too!

Hey Clap, I live less than a mile from village pump. That store is awesome!

Hey Guys: I have 2 hops plants in 1 gallon containers that I don't want. I'll offer them to you folks first. I do not know the variety. I got the 'mother' plants a few years after I stopped brewing and didn't try to remember the name. Now that I am back to brewing I wish I had. It was one of the main varieties tho'. It shouldn't be too hard to determine this summer when the buds form. Very aromatic. Each pot holds 2 or 3 rhizomes. Anyway they are free and I live west side of Baltimore. Charlie

balto charlie said:
Hey Guys: I have 2 hops plants in 1 gallon containers that I don't want. I'll offer them to you folks first. I do not know the variety. I got the 'mother' plants a few years after I stopped brewing and didn't try to remember the name. Now that I am back to brewing I wish I had. It was one of the main varieties tho'. It shouldn't be too hard to determine this summer when the buds form. Very aromatic. Each pot holds 2 or 3 rhizomes. Anyway they are free and I live west side of Baltimore. Charlie

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!!!! I have room for more plants

Hop Whore!

So - how's everyone's brew doing? The Super Orange Wit needed a blow off, and the Saison went like crazy. We racked to secondary on Wednesday. I can't wait to try them, but they are both very cloudy and need some aging time in the carboy before I put em in the kegs.

nah, house is kept at 68. Just sat in the bathtub, incase it was gonna blowout :)

im sure its close to done.... Ill take a look when i get home from atlanta ;)

My DimWit finally settled out middle of last week. I'll either rack it to secondary or keg it in another week.
Lately I've been leaving in the primary fro 3 weeks and then straight to the keg for a week before the gas.

I just racked mine after 10 days based on principle (that and airlock activity was slow as hell and since we didn't use any readings during brewday - I'm sure as heck not using any now).

It's been in secondary for only ~5 days and it just started to clear up on Sunday. I'll let it go until this weekend or next weekend before I put it on the keg.

FrankenSaison will have to sit a little longer, as it's still not clearing very well. I plan on bottling this in large corked bottles that I get my other belgian's in, so it may be a while before it's officially 'ready' for drinkin.

Was anyone one this thread at the big brew in columbia on Saturday? It was a blast.

So what's the plan for brewday #2? Still on for late june - like the 28th or somethin?

My wit is clear and will probably go into the keg in about another week. The FrankenSaison is still -- well -- not clear and looks like orange juice. :p

I haven't tasted it yet to see if it's any good, but I can't wait to see how everyone's brews turned out.

Kegged the wit yesterday. During the move I sampled and my roommate thought it was perfect blue moon. I tasted a harsh aftertaste that I've tasted with almost all the belgians I've tried to make since I moved to the new townhouse a year ago. Strange, but it's not as bad as previous attempts, in fact - hardly noticeable at all. I'm betting the carbonation will hide it well.

FrankenSaison is still cloudy as all get out. I'm scared to touch it, and now it seems to be growing wierd large bubbles at the top, even though it's stopped bubbling the airlock for 2 weeks now.

I think the next one was going to be sometime late June? I cant wait!!!!!!

Back