Your Thoughts?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darwin18

Reaction score
I brewed up one of the pale ales from Brewing Classic Styles and it's been bottles for going on six weeks now. I've sampled several bottles and they are all flat and completely uncarbonated. I used the Coopers carbonation drops and this is the first time this has happenned to me.

The beer while flat, tastes fine, however I don't think I'll be able to drink 5 gallons of flat beer. My fiance bought me a two keg system from kegconnection for my birthday last week and I'm thinking about transfering the flat beer from bottles to the keg.

Obviously oxidation will be an issue but has anyone done this before with any success?

I also have a batch of flat beer. I think too much of the yeast settled out before I bottled it, because it just won't carbonate. I considered opening each bottle adding yeast and recapping, but that is too tedious. My LHBS recommended to just blend it with beer that had been overcarbonated.

Back