Work not working leaving unable to work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
Tried to log into my work computer remotely this morning to find I'm unable to connect, next I tried to connect to the VPN so i could at least access the shared folders to do some of the other busy work to wait until someone else gets physically into the office but that appears to be not working as well.
So... I guess I'm stuck. Our main office is 1200miles away so I won't be driving over to turn the screen saver off or whatever it is that happened.

I'm thinking that even though I'm not working I should still be getting paid, since I would be working if someone hadn't turned my computer off, or messed with the security settings on the vpn...

Do you not have a single phone number of a contact at the main office??
But yes I think you should still get paid for sure. It's not your fault they're stuff is screwed up. We still get paid if the power goes out or something and we can't work. Not our fault.

its a west coast operation and I work out of central, so I start at 8:30 here, but generally the phones remain forwarded until 8:00 there. No direct lines. very small company.

I have had that happen - the IT group deployed updates and the machine shut itself down. I usually just call the office and have someone saunter over to turn the machine on.

My phone company screwed the pooch on switching over my home office # from my previous employer to the mag I'm working for now - so I'm lining up all my calls for later this morning when they sort out the mess.

I have had that happen - the IT group deployed updates and the machine shut itself down. I usually just call the office and have someone saunter over to turn the machine on.

Yeah, I'm thinking thats what happened. Nobody's in the office right now so i'm just waiting for the receptionist to return my VM so I can have her go switch it back on.

Atleast no one can spy on you while you are surfing. Go into your bios and have your machine restart after a power failure.

Back