Sediment on the bottom of my bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krisium

Reaction score
Well as i'm sure you guessed this was my first batch I brewed. I tried to follow the 123 rule and I did transfer the primary to a secondary glass carboy. But it has only been a day or two and there is sediment that looks like the DME on the bottom. What did I do wrong? Is the beer drinkable? Could it be mold? Any recommendations or anything I could do? Thanks!

That's the yeast from natural priming. It's normal, and no reason to worry.
Let it sit 3 weeks, then chill for at least 2 days and enjoy.

BuffaloSabresBrewer said:
Yuri, I sense a little frustration.
And I understand your frustration....BUT!!!! I envy the brewer that had Mr. Miagi showing them about brewing...In fact....I envy the brewers that found this site. I remember being nearly sick when my first brew didn't' look like Coors light going into a bottle.
anything I could do?
Yes there is.
Take pride in your HAND MADE, yeast on the bottom of the bottle, gotta drink it from a glass, yes I DID brew this myself, better than store bought, NO I WON"T MAKE YOU A BUD LIGHT CLONE...Home Brew.

Welcome to the Insanity.

And don't be surprised when you find that your beer is better than anything you ever drank before. No one is surprised that fresh baked bread is better than store bought, or fresh grown vegetables are better than store bought, but people are always shocked when they find out how good their beer is. The best is yet to come.

Like everyone says, sediment on the bottom of bottles is normal.

When you pour the beer into a glass, pour gently and leave the sediment in the bottle.

Back