What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Lakes Eliot Ness. Frog Morton in the Ben Wade pipe. Awaiting the Alvarez vs. Trout fight.

image-2077573509.jpg

I've been told that us the best lager out there. Never had it.

EDIT: but love their Edmund Fitz

Its a fantastic beer. Definitely pick it up if you get an opportunity. I have a sixxer of Edmund in the fridge I grab every now and then as well. The mood has to strike me for a porter. Conway's Irish Ale is a great beer from Great Lakes which shouldn't be overlooked.

Channel u got me it's for my cat... can't play it off. Hey I got it done today so I can brew tomorrow :)

Now drinking a ns IPA that nevalton sent me. Overcarbed but great beer!

EHV said:
Its a fantastic beer. Definitely pick it up if you get an opportunity. I have a sixxer of Edmund in the fridge I grab every now and then as well. The mood has to strike me for a porter. Conway's Irish Ale is a great beer from Great Lakes which shouldn't be overlooked.

There is a store half a mile from my office that always has it. I'm not big into lagers so I usually look at it for a few seconds and move on. I guess I need to get a 6.

Anybody else seen this around? Perhaps I'm just blind, but I hadn't seen it before (picked this up alongside that Alt yesterday). It's very tasty. I prefer Gaffel or Reissdorf, but I still like this more than any of the US interpretations I've had.

I think I'm gonna have my own Kolsch next just for comparison's sake.

20130420_224651[1].jpg

After a bottle of my own Kolsch, killing the last of the bottle of that Fruh Kolsch. Outside of a shift between malty balance and hop balance (their maltier, mine hoppier) they're quite similar.

Yum I like!

Nice!

I like the propping of the bottle cap. That is key when trying to capture the goodness. The name dragon milk alone makes it sound badass.

If the cap has something on it, then I like to show it!

Currently having a glass of what was left over from bottling the wine my wife made from the kit I got her for Chiristmas, a cabernet sauvignon. Not too shabby. My wife and I both agree that it's about equivalent to a $10 bottle of wine. Success!

Wine kits are great. We've done several in the last year and tonight we decanted a bottle of cab and Syrah and then a commercial bottle, and our six month old kits tasted better! :mug:

Went to a brewfest today
2 finger scotch ale, Awesome
Oatmeal Pale, great beer
IIPA , Simcoe, Centennial, Mosic, Citra, group favorite
IPA, single hop Mosic super complex hop awesome beer! Some Mac & Jacks

A Jello Shots worth level 6 hot sauce at tje local pub for $20 bucks. Yikes paid for the wings,.just hope I dont pay foe it tomorrow:)

Qhrumphf said:
Energy drink while finishing the mash and heating strike water for the Tafelbier. On track for 3 AG brews in a 24 hour period. Hah.

You're my hero! ;)

That's a lot of brewing for 24 hrs. I'm tired after two AG batches in a day. I can't imagine three.

Ska Nefarious Ten Pin Imperial Porter on a brisk brew day morning here in Indiana. I was looking forward to trying this, but am disappointed. It has a strange syrupy sweetness to it that I don't like. Oh well. Maybe I'll hit on of my 2010 Fifty-Fifty's next.

image-547330018.jpg

You're my hero! ;)

That's a lot of brewing for 24 hrs. I'm tired after two AG batches in a day. I can't imagine three.

Two AG batches yesterday, started noonish, wrapped up 10ish. Milled grains for this morning's batch last night, drank a few beers, went to bed, up at 7:30 and mashed in just after 8am.

I had thought about foregoing sleep, and cramming a 4th AG batch in there :rockin:

Two AG batches yesterday, started noonish, wrapped up 10ish. Milled grains for this morning's batch last night, drank a few beers, went to bed, up at 7:30 and mashed in just after 8am.

I had thought about foregoing sleep, and cramming a 4th AG batch in there :rockin:

and folks say Rudies ain't tough. but then, they probably don't know any, eh?

coffee this morning.

Qhrumphf said:

I'll have to do four next brew day just to one up you. :D

Coffee lots of coffee got wayyyy to drunk last night police gave me a ride home from the bar :0 at least I was smart enough not to get behind the wheel and now SWMBO is super pissed :( oh ya the police officer was a good friend of mine thank God!

Coffee lots of coffee got wayyyy to drunk last night police gave me a ride home from the bar :0 at least I was smart enough not to get behind the wheel and now SWMBO is super pissed :( oh ya the police officer was a good friend of mine thank God!

Question is, is that better or worse than waking up in the drunk tank?

Latest posts

Back