So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started a 5 gal batch but then found a 5 gallon water cooler bottle and kept going. Only one cleanup now instead of two.

Two carboys.jpg

The Heady Topper clone from last week is coming along nicely, so I'm currently growing some stored Conan for a Focal Banger clone this weekend...

Cheers!

Took a vacation day and just bottled my SN Torpedo clone. Taking a break for some early lunch, then going to brew a red IPA on this beautiful Friday in Western PA. 70 deg. today, and snow on Sunday.

Hoping to rip out a quick Lawnmower RyePA since the weather turns cold (finally) tonight...this can make me long for summer again over the next 4 months.

Wanted to brew my yearly gingerbread cookie porter this weekend, but with the house getting ready to get put on the market, I need to make a few runs to the habitat store and lowes to get some odds and ends ready.

I am also heading to a local brewery tomorrow @3pm to see if one of my 3 stouts won the "homebrewer" contest they were having for a charity event/dinner.

Even if I dont place, my entry gets me all I can eat/drink so win/win on that front, plus I get all 3 "officially" judged which will be a first for me.

:fro:

Maybe next weekend I will get to brew...:mug:

This Sunday, I'll be "attempting" to brew a Trillium Vicinity Double IPA clone recipe that stonebrewer was so kind to post a few months ago. However, I tweaked it a partial mash extract recipe so here goes nothing.

Cheers!

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1479530171.911402.jpg
Today's IPA made me angry after the boil. So much hops. Stuck spigot right from the get go. Had that plate chiller with pre-chiller all ready to go but couldn't get the wort flowing. Gave up, sanitized the pre-chiller and used the damn thing as an immersion chiller. After this and many other slow wort pumping experiences, Im buying the most expensive immersion chiller I can find. Anyone want a 30 plate chiller? [emoji6]

Brewed a 3 gal batch of my Imperial Rye Black DIPA earlier today. Hops were Columbus, Citra, Simcoe, and Ahtanum. Used some slurry of my house yeast. First iteration of this was one of the best I've ever made, so hoping this batch comes out just as good.

Go Blue! Bring on those Suckeyes

Introducing my brother in law to AG brewing today.

Brewing a beer for our Christmas get together, a stout, which may or may not become a vanilla rum raisin stout.

Wanted to brew my yearly gingerbread cookie porter this weekend, but with the house getting ready to get put on the market, I need to make a few runs to the habitat store and lowes to get some odds and ends ready.

I am also heading to a local brewery tomorrow @3pm to see if one of my 3 stouts won the "homebrewer" contest they were having for a charity event/dinner.

Even if I dont place, my entry gets me all I can eat/drink so win/win on that front, plus I get all 3 "officially" judged which will be a first for me.

Maybe next weekend I will get to brew...:mug:

Well, my chocolate milk stout won first place/grand prize out of 12 entries in the homebrew competition I mentioned (I had 3 of the entries and all 3 of my beers were in the final 5).

I am going to get to help brew my stout on Sugar Creek Brewing Co's (local brewery here in Charlotte NC) commercial system sometime in December for a special tap room release over the winter months.

Did not get to brew this weekend, but a win is a win!:D

Back