Seattle are C02 Fills

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renoun

Reaction score
Are there any gas suppliers out there with a reputation for being cool with filling owner bottles? Sounds like the LHBS will do an exchange for $25 if I want to end up with a Praxair bottle. So far I've heard that Central Welding are jerks. Any other insights?

I assume that I should be able to get a 5lb fill for $10 are so. Am I dreaming?

I'm in Shoreline so somewhere between Ballard and Lynnwood would be preferable.

Are there any gas suppliers out there with a reputation for being cool with filling owner bottles? Sounds like the LHBS will do an exchange for $25 if I want to end up with a Praxair bottle. So far I've heard that Central Welding are jerks. Any other insights?

I assume that I should be able to get a 10lb fill for $10 are so. Am I dreaming?

lol, I remember once wanting to keep mine... now i don't care.

I live in Portland. I know the only place here is a LHBS called steinbarts. They're a huge LHBS. Other than that, they're pretty much exchange. So your best bet would be a larger LHBS. I also heard fire extinguisher places do CO2, so that might be an option? Maybe even a paintball place since they have the machines.

Just remember if you exchange it, you don't pay for hydro. And generally the ones I get from AirGas are always in excellent shape as if it were the one I exchanged.

10lb for 10$ is probably a dream... I pay $20 for 5# (exchange) and it's about the same for a 20#...

Sorry I couldn't be more help

Central welding in Ballard or Lynnwood. They are cool, but it will be an exchange. 10lb is $18, so a 5lb should be a little over $10.

I use Central Welding in Lynnwood or Seattle for exchanges on my 20# tank. I have never had a problem with them.

I haven't gotten a fill yet but those of you with 20lb tanks should know that there seems to be an expanding set of suppliers for those people who are growing valuable crops indoors. They seem to think that their garden will grow better with an increased amount of CO2 in the atmosphere and the specialty stores they patronize are doing exchanges for $20. If you have a 20lb tank they might be more conveniently located than the other options.

Other sources are suggesting AAA Fire in Fremont or Alexander Gow in Ballard for owner bottle fills.

another vote for AAA Fire Extinguisher in Fremont. They are happy to fill while you wait.

Back