Does anybody know why OR wont ship to WA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elbastardo

Reaction score
I ordered some rhiozomes from OR A couple of weeks ago on the internet, and everything was fine until A week ago they refunded me my money and said in an email that they couldnt ship to WA state because of some quarintine, some kind of A fungus IIRC.

Does anybody know anything about this?
Im needing to get some in the ground soon for this season.

Thanks

The dept of ag wants to make sure that what Wa. has doesn't spread to Or. and visa versa. Call up RNVeneterprises, if they are out of some varieties, I'm sure they can point you in the right direction for cuttings.

Sounds like they explained it to you.

There is a threat of spreading disease by shipping this product to an un-infected area, so they wont send it.

I ordered some rhiozomes from OR A couple of weeks ago on the internet, and everything was fine until A week ago they refunded me my money and said in an email that they couldnt ship to WA state because of some quarintine, some kind of A fungus IIRC.

Does anybody know anything about this?
Im needing to get some in the ground soon for this season.

There are plenty of threads and posts on here about the agricultural quarantines of hop rhizomes in Washington, Oregon, and parts of Idaho. You should still be able to locate and buy rhizomes from within your quarantine zone.

Please respect these. They are there for the protection of commercial crops from proliferation of diseases.

Latest posts

Back