Who is brewing right now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactus

Reaction score
I am:mug:

Brewing an extract recipe kit. My first IPA. Strictly going by the book still. Right now steeping Specialty malts(Crystal Malt-120loviband). Getting ready to boil the hop pellets. Cheers

Its called Caravan India pale ale. Drank my DFH 90 last night. Nice.

What kind of IPA are you making?

I just cracked a DFH 60 myself..

Its called Caravan India pale ale. Drank my DFH 90 last night. Nice.

Actually, because of this board, I bought a 6er of DFH 60 myself tonight. Wouldnt ya know it Ive never had it before. Waiting until 10pm for my girl to get off work, then im gonna start in on them.:rockin:

Actually, because of this board, I bought a 6er of DFH 60 myself tonight. Wouldnt ya know it Ive never had it before. Waiting until 10pm for my girl to get off work, then im gonna start in on them.:rockin:

*Gasps*

I know you bought some DFH 90 as well right? ha

My fridge has the following:

DFH 60 IPA
DFH 90 IPA
DFH 120 IPA
DFH Brown Ale
DFH 75 (my brew)
German Bock
Dos Equis Amber Clone
Blue Moon Clone
Apfelwein

Yeah, i'm stocked up. lol

My Dead Guy Ale should be ready soon, its over 2 weeks in bottles :)

Fret you will love it.

Just added bittering hops. Pellets of Centennial 2oz

*Gasps*

I know you bought some DFH 90 as well right? ha

weeeelll ya know I wanted to, but I had to buy a couple others for variety's sake. the 90 looked good and the guy at the store said its the best IPA he's ever had, hands down. So Im gonna work my way up to it. I also got Samual Smiths Oatmeal Stout and a bottle of Old Ruffian barley wine.. will definitely try the 90 in the near future.

Cactus, im actually going to try and get as close as i can to brewing a Snake Dog IPA tomorrow.

Very cool. Battleing a small boiling issue. I am boiling just getting lots of foam. Lower it a lttile bit and ..........looking good now. Whew, "thanks glass of water"

All six will be a great night.Drinking the new Sam Adams Imperial Stout. I am from Boston living in Charlotte so I am a fan of theirs. It is a part of a new Imperial series

All six will be a great night.Drinking the new Sam Adams Imperial Stout. I am from Boston living in Charlotte so I am a fan of theirs. It is a part of a new Imperial series

really.. Im originally from Springfield. Move to Georgia about 5 years ago. So ive always been partial to Sam's as well. Ill have to look for that sams stout. That'll be a lot easier to find than my all time favorite BBC (out of Deerfield MA) unfortunately it isnt sold down here..

Depending on how druck I get tonight, I'm most likely going to brew Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale in the morning...
(for the record, I started the night drinking a year old apfelwein and it's gone down hill from there...)

Depending on how druck I get tonight, I'm most likely going to brew Ed Wort's Haus Pale Ale in the morning...
(for the record, I started the night drinking a year old apfelwein and it's gone down hill from there...)

Still have about 2 weeks on my apfelwein to be ready. Never tried it before, but how could everyone be wrong?!?!?

I'm not brewing, but I'll be bottling my Liberty Cream Ale this weekend.

really.. Im originally from Springfield. Move to Georgia about 5 years ago. So ive always been partial to Sam's as well. Ill have to look for that sams stout. That'll be a lot easier to find than my all time favorite BBC (out of Deerfield MA) unfortunately it isnt sold down here..

I grew up in Medford. Right on the Medford malden line Upper Highland ave.

Just added my whirlfroc tablet.
Just in case anyone wanted to know. ;)

It's keg and bottle day at casa pollo.

3 gallons of Dunkelweizen in the keg.
2.5 gallons of Coffee Porter in the keg plus a case of bottles for competition entries.

The Porter is a tried and true recipe.
The Dunkel was modified by using a dry yeast that I normally do not use.
Initial tasting results were not as I had hoped. It's a little too tart and clovey for style.
I was warned by HBT members... but, I needed to figure it out on my own I guess. Will be going back to smack packs for my German beers. <shrug>

It's still good, just now I will be drinking an Outlaw Beer! :mug:

Still have about 2 weeks on my apfelwein to be ready. Never tried it before, but how could everyone be wrong?!?!?

heh.

I have floated three 3 gallon kegs of Apfelwein, Holiday Spiced Aplefwein and Cherry Apfelwein.

This summer I will do a Marion Berry Apfelwein and let is sit for a year in a Cornie Keg.
Don't tell SWMBO though, she hates it when she finds kegs hiding behind the living room furniture or in the linen closet. :rockin:

heh.

I have floated three 3 gallon kegs of Apfelwein, Holiday Spiced Aplefwein and Cherry Apfelwein.

This summer I will do a Marion Berry Apfelwein and let is sit for a year in a Cornie Keg.
Don't tell SWMBO though, she hates it when she finds kegs hiding behind the living room furniture or in the linen closet. :rockin:

When you did the Cherry Apfelwein, did you just add cherries? If so could I do the same with blueberries?

I am kegging up my Irish red ale today myself.

When you did the Cherry Apfelwein, did you just add cherries? If so could I do the same with blueberries?

Yes. I added cherries in the secondary.
Blueberries would work as well.

Think of Apfelwein as a blank canvas that gives you a headache... and proceed from there. :tank:

A little late, I know, but I'm getting ready to fire up the burners on a Belhaven Scottish Ale clone. Looking forward to it, beautifully crisp day outside with a light dusting of snow everywhere.

Gonna be a grand day!

10gal of Mild about to finish with the second sparge and go on the boil:ban: Today is a Great day:mug:

SD

Recipe Specifics
----------------

Batch Size (Gal): 4.00 Wort Size (Gal): 4.00
Total Grain (Lbs): 9.50
Anticipated OG: 1.062 Plato: 15.27
Anticipated SRM: 13.2
Anticipated IBU: 29.9
Brewhouse Efficiency: 75 %
Wort Boil Time: 60 Minutes

Pre-Boil Amounts
----------------

Evaporation Rate: 15.00 Percent Per Hour
Pre-Boil Wort Size: 4.71 Gal
Pre-Boil Gravity: 1.053 SG 13.08 Plato

Grain/Extract/Sugar

% Amount Name Origin Potential SRM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
73.7 7.00 lbs. Pale Malt(2-row) America 1.036 2
5.3 0.50 lbs. Amber Malt Great Britain 1.032 35
10.5 1.00 lbs. Honey Malt Canada 1.030 18
5.3 0.50 lbs. Crystal 90L America 1.033 90
5.3 0.50 lbs. Munich Malt(2-row) America 1.035 6

Potential represented as SG per pound per gallon.

Hops

Amount Name Form Alpha IBU Boil Time
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.25 oz. Warrior Whole 15.00 17.8 First WH
0.50 oz. Amarillo Gold Whole 10.00 5.3 10 min.
0.50 oz. Simcoe Whole 13.00 6.9 10 min.

Yeast
-----

White Labs WLP001 California Ale

Mash Schedule
-------------

Mash Type: Single Step

Grain Lbs: 9.50
Water Qts: 14.25 - Before Additional Infusions
Water Gal: 3.56 - Before Additional Infusions

Qts Water Per Lbs Grain: 1.50 - Before Additional Infusions

Saccharification Rest Temp : 0 Time: 0
Mash-out Rest Temp : 170 Time: 0
Sparge Temp : 0 Time: 0

Total Mash Volume Gal: 4.32 - Dough-In Infusion Only

All temperature measurements are degrees Fahrenheit.

Back