Brew day gone hay wire weight on outcome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtd3612

Reaction score
Ok so Saturday I attempted an all grain Oktoberfest which ended with a low og (still working this out on another thread) and also made a pale ale extract all before and during the Michigan/Alabama foot ball game. Since I am a Michigan fan I was happy to have the brew to distract me from such a aweful game but that is for another site.

I had not made my yeast starter for both in advance so I decided to brew and let the wort sit til they were ready.

So in all the confusion Saturday night I quickly put a label on the pale ale.

Well as it turns out the pale ale was actually the oktoberfest.

So the October fest (which I used vienna malt 8 lbs , 1lbs munich, 1/2 each of 60L and 80 L crystal, tettnag and liberty hops. had planned to use wyeast Bavarian lager 2206 and lager it. NOW I PITCHED IT WITH WYEAST 1056 AMERAICAN ALE AND i AM FERMENATING AS A ALE.

The pale ale is just a normal pale reciepe exract but now I have it pitched with the wyeast 2206 and am lager it.

any thoughts on what these will turn out like?

I have heard many times that you can make a good oktoberfest with ale yeast, but I haven't had much luck.. I'm sure the pale will be fine, probably real clean and crisp.

Back