What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PBR ( what I usually drink when eating) with a clone version of Chilis honey chipotle chicken crispers :ban:

1392351224165.jpg

I figured I'd wait to reply until I was actually drinking something since I stirred some stuff up earlier and didn't actually add what I was drinking. It was stated that apology wouldn't be accepted until I posted a picture of a beer I was drinking, so here's the first of the night. Denali Brewing's Chuli Stout.

Sent from 35 miles north of the Arctic circle.

1392352721484.jpg

Next up, 21st Ammendment Sneak Attack Saison. I don't love the cardamom in it, but it's decent. Not sure it's the best beer for a -20° night though.

1392354034387.jpg

..Stone Ruination. Good stuff.

Before that I had the last one of the 3 bottles of Chimay I got in that sampler pack. The Blue one. Wow. Smooth for all that alcohol. I'll bet that one would have been so much better aged. I liked it, btu the white was BY FAR my favorite of the 3. No contest. Ever since I had that white one, I've been trying to find a recipe similar to it so I can brew it this summer. That was outstanding.

Very random...I just joined this forum today...and...saw this was the first thing mentioned on this thread...and...I DRANK STONE RUINATION FOR MY FIRST TIME EVER TODAY!

Wow, what a brew! I watched some video with the owner of Stone Brewery being interviewed yesterday, drove to my local beer-mecca today, chilled and popped the top. What a smooth beast she is...was...

Now, Kenai River Brewing's Sunken Island IPA. So far the Alaskan beers I've tried have been ok, but not great. This one is pretty good.

1392356549355.jpg

Yea i didn't care for that either... The toffee brown they make is nice tho

I agree.

They have one or two decent offerings but IMO, most of their lineup is not that good...

I was unimpressed with that as well and gave up on buying any of their IPAs since they don't date their bottles.

Guess I'm not alone in that opinion. Mark makes a good point, because the ones I've liked the least from DuClaw have been IPAs and they've tasted old/stale/skunked.

Drinking water, avoiding the mountain of snow the plow pushed up against the end of my driveway. Might just test the limits of the jeep and drive over the four foot pile for the next few weeks :D

Coff.

Woke up at 3:30 a.m. to dump more wood in the fire and it was snowing like crazy. We have 4 more inches on the ground. This is painful.

Coffee...

work is going to be tough today- 10 hour day then going to pick the Mrs up flowers and a card then out to dinner as soon as i get home then to the movies... tommorow were looking at 4 more houses then dinner at her parents... life

Woke up a little sorer than I expected. Yesterday I shoveled the driveway (with help from the new roommates) played with the dog in the snow, and then we introduced one of the roommates (from Florida) to making her first snowman and in true fashion we overdid it. It was at least 7 feet tall. Drinking beer (and wine/snow slushies) while playing in the snow and then followed it up with a chili night and more beer and a couple rounds of Cards Against Humanity. All in all a good night but wow, I really am not in wintertime shape.

Last night I drank several Sweetwater 420's and a Sculpin. Now it is a cup of extra strong coffee and thinking about taking the dog out to fetch snowballs again. Maybe find a hill to sled down. Is 33 too old for this kind of hooliganery?

Woke up a little sorer than I expected. Yesterday I shoveled the driveway (with help from the new roommates) played with the dog in the snow, and then we introduced one of the roommates (from Florida) to making her first snowman and in true fashion we overdid it. It was at least 7 feet tall. Drinking beer (and wine/snow slushies) while playing in the snow and then followed it up with a chili night and more beer and a couple rounds of Cards Against Humanity. All in all a good night but wow, I really am not in wintertime shape.

Last night I drank several Sweetwater 420's and a Sculpin. Now it is a cup of extra strong coffee and thinking about taking the dog out to fetch snowballs again. Maybe find a hill to sled down. Is 33 too old for this kind of hooliganery?

Never too old for hooliganery!!

Lots and lots of coffee today

I'd say it's too young to be that out of shape.

Speaking of staying in shape, need to keep the liver primed for tonight. Anyone who likes sour beers is going to hate me (more than usual) later.ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392393557.312475.jpg
Cream ale sounds like breakfast beer to me.

Speaking of staying in shape, need to keep the liver primed for tonight. Anyone who likes sour beers is going to hate me (more than usual) later.View attachment 179305

Can you give us a hint as to whats to come? Im drinking a 2012 riserva when I get off work :D

Speaking of staying in shape, need to keep the liver primed for tonight. Anyone who likes sour beers is going to hate me (more than usual) later.View attachment 179305

I was thinking about tossing my Oro De Calabaza in the fridge to chill for tonight, but I am on the fence... It may be a Nugget Nectar/Resin/Bengali Tiger kinda night for me. Too many choices

I was thinking about tossing my Oro De Calabaza in the fridge to chill for tonight, but I am on the fence... It may be a Nugget Nectar/Resin/Bengali Tiger kinda night for me. Too many choices

Still deciding what to drink tonight while swmbo goes out with her sister. Thinking of buying something for the first time, like resin or hi-res, or maybe some troegs. I guess we'll see in 4+ hours what my liver wants haha
Maybe even crack open one of the bottles of creme brulee. Yum, diabetes!

Still deciding what to drink tonight while swmbo goes out with her sister. Thinking of buying something for the first time, like resin or hi-res, or maybe some troegs. I guess we'll see in 4+ hours what my liver wants haha
Maybe even crack open one of the bottles of creme brulee. Yum, diabetes!

If you haven't had Resin yet and you like hops, you HAVE to buy it. I love Resin, but I personally like Bengali Tiger a little better. They aren't distro'd here but I just recently got some in a trade and will be trading for more as soon as the budget allows. :rockin:

More coffee

If you haven't had Resin yet and you like hops, you HAVE to buy it. I love Resin, but I personally like Bengali Tiger a little better. They aren't distro'd here but I just recently got some in a trade and will be trading for more as soon as the budget allows. :rockin:

More coffee

Sounds like a plan. It'll be resin and some other stuff tonight then. No tiger though. We get a decent selection up here, and I'm sure if I went to the one premier store I'd get even a better selection but it comes with a price.
More coffee before lunch.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Home Brew mobile app

Troo, Troo. In my out of shapes defense it is a long driveway. And heavy, wet snow. And only a square shovel and a very extra crappy snow shovel that seems to be made out of aluminum foil to work with. Not to mention one of the roommates couldn't wait for me to finish shoveling to drive over all the snow and make life more difficult on me.

Grapefruit juice and some Korean potato pancakes. Breakfast of champions. View attachment 179290

I'm getting too old for food like that. Not long ago, I could eat anything I wanted, drink beer like a champ and still be happy with what I saw in the mirror. But that was when my gym days included body section schedules. For example, I had "Back and Bi" days, I had "Chest and Tri" days. Another for "Legs and Abs".

Now in my old age, I just go and hit everything in a complete body work out and I'm done in about 3hrs.

My point is, I can either drink lots of beer and eat right. Or eat whatever and stop drinking beer. But if I eat and drink, I turn into a disgusting fatbody. Can't have that!

Back