iBrewMaster

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiroux

Reaction score
I just feel I spent the worst invested 10$ ever...
Regarding the recipe building part... It is simply bad. Mash temp doesnt affect FG and abv... That's enough to turn me off! And every number (abv, ibu, color, etc..) is far from ever othet program of manual calculation can give me.

If wanna see one that is worse, get the brewers friend app.

Well I have Beersmith 2 and Beersmith 2 lite on the iPhone, and that is just perfect. I was just looking for an app on wich I can create recipe. I thought it would worth the 10$....

I have noodled around with it for about two hours now and for the life of me I can't figure out it's basic functionality. After reading many forum posts about ipad brewer apps I decided to go with ibrewmaster because of the scheduling functionality and it is this exact feature I can't get to work for the life of me. I have tried to start a preloaded recipe and have had no luck. I have tried to create a test recipe and start that in a test batch and nothing is scheduled. I am sure it is a decent app but it really needs a video tutorial.

Also do really have do buy the preloaded recipes for $.99 after spending $14.99 on the app?

Any links to helpful tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

healimonster said:
I have noodled around with it for about two hours now and for the life of me I can't figure out it's basic functionality. After reading many forum posts about ipad brewer apps I decided to go with ibrewmaster because of the scheduling functionality and it is this exact feature I can't get to work for the life of me. I have tried to start a preloaded recipe and have had no luck. I have tried to create a test recipe and start that in a test batch and nothing is scheduled. I am sure it is a decent app but it really needs a video tutorial.

Also do really have do buy the preloaded recipes for $.99 after spending $14.99 on the app?

Any links to helpful tutorials would be greatly appreciated.

Under batches you have to add a new batch then start the timer. It will start with a boil schedule/timer and then load primary, secondary and bottling dates under schedule. It works great for me. I've been wanting to see if I can change the schedule dates once started. The app came with quite a few recipes, but they do sell more. I just load my own into it and don't use the ones it came with.

Thanks Trashcanman

I was able to start the timers on one of the recipes I downloaded from the social aspect of the app (a nice feature) and yes the batch was added to the schedule, but I was very underwhelmed with the schedule aspect of it. As far as I can tell it has no visual calendar elements. Two simple lines, rack on xyz date, and serve on abc date. Pretty lame. Does it at least give you an iOS alert on those dates?

I guess I couldn't get the timers to start on my test recipe because it was not a complete recipe. I just hastily threw in a few ingredients to test it's functionality and it didn't give me the option to start the timers as far as I can tell.

The iBrewmaster schedule does give iOS alerts when dates arrive. The schedule will alert you for any fermentation step you add to the recipe/batch. You can create custom fermentation steps and add those to the recipe/batch also. For example I think I added dry hop to the list of fermentation steps. It's been a while. I know I added one but can't remember which.

iBrewmaster is a nice collection of features for homebrewing. It is not Beersmith. But I personally find Beersmith to be more feature rich than I need. I like iBrewmaster.

It will give you an alert on each event you have scheduled for each batch. I have alerts for each fermentation stage, bottling and serving.

I really enjoy it on my iPad. You don't have to start a timer to get a batch in your schedule. Just go to the "batches" tab and click on new. Once you put the recipe in it will put your fermentation steps into the schedule. I have a new batch set to brew tomorrow. I made the recipe first, then went to "batches" and put it in. Then hit the little blue arrow on the right side to expand the recipe info and changed the brew date. Now the schedule has that batch set up as a planned batch. I also added ferm steps(when I wrote the recipe) for secondary, dry hop, cold crash and keg and it notifies me of each one the day before. Also, you can change your notification time to one day, two days, none, and you can select what time of day the notification goes out.

Don't give up on it yet.

Has anyone had any luck converting the all grain profiles to BIAB? I've been trying for a while without any luck. I love everything else about this app. Can someone help me out?

Back