So Bottled This $#iT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Some may remember my rather unmemorable threads about adding an already carbonated beer to a fermenting batch, and about trying to get rid of an infection...(to my beer)

This freakish batch still tastes good. Quite sweet, but good.

I bottled another batch first and had...maybe 4-5 bubbles throughout all 50 or so bottles. It created bubbles despit perfect bottling technique...hundreds of them.

The freakish next batch was bubbling in the bucket. It looked fully carbed but wasn't

It has an SG of .004. It is done "fermenting" in the home brew sense of the word. It has been in secondary for 3 months.

It had the smallest yeast cake I have ever seen.

WTF.

It didn't taste vinegary or bad at all. Just really sweet.

I plan to test bottles everyday from now on to avoid bottle bombs.

Anyone had anything even vaguely similar?

I can't be the only one to have this happen........

OK new title...

Amazing fast carb bacteria found!! Carb your beer in 2 days.

I will have to drink this stuff fast!!

Sounds like a gusher infection maybe? Although, I am not sure exactly what gets in a beer to be classified as a 'gusher'. I have read they will completely consume all of the sugar over time and that they might not necessarily make it taste 'bad'. You just have to keep an eye on it, and like you say drink it up fast.

Yeah, that is what I figured, although it still tasted sweet........

Wierd. Evan said I was a sinner if I didn't bottle it, so I did.

Back