New Cider Review: McKenzie's Lazy Lemon Hard Cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UpstateMike

Reaction score
McKenzie's Lazy Lemon. Brand new, on the market about 2 weeks.

It comes in a tall brown bottle, with a twistoff cap

Nice yellow coloring, with a citrus smell.

First taste, lemony, tart, but not overbearing. No apple flavor can be tasted in this. Lightly carbonated.

It is about $8.50 for a 6 pack.

This will definitely be one to turn to on a hot summers day.

Out of a maximum of 5 Dancing Bananas, I will give McKenzie's Lazy Lemon: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:

46896_504371346265346_2142495259_n.jpg

Mike, does this have any apple you could taste? And, thanks for the review!

None. It is lemony, and tart. Trying some more right now, it is not sweet. But it is good. Just a guess, but to duplicate this one I would start with a basic hard cider, then add lemon extract at bottling time.

Funny that its labled 'cider' at all...

Not really. Apple juice is used as a base ingredient in several juices, because it is more of a neutral flavor. Not really a surprise to me that they would start with a base hard cider (5% ABV, by the way) and add a lemon flavoring. Its easier to do that than it is to ferment lemon. And I have done that by making Skeeter Pee.

Not really. Apple juice is used as a base ingredient in several juices, because it is more of a neutral flavor. Not really a surprise to me that they would start with a base hard cider (5% ABV, by the way) and add a lemon flavoring. Its easier to do that than it is to ferment lemon. And I have done that by making Skeeter Pee.

Lol, "Cider, the chicken of the beverage industry!" .

Oops... I feel like I just swore in church.

Back