Scotch Style Partigyle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamiltont

Reaction score
WOW! What a brew day. 40 lbs. of grains, 27 gallons of water, 4 oz. hops for a 1/3 - 2/3 Partigyle that gave 5 gallons in the fermenter from the first runnings & 10 gallons from the second. I also tried misting the grains with water about 15 minutes before milling. I don't know if that had anything to do with overshooting the OG or not but it was the most beautiful crush I've ever had. The husks remained almost completely intact yet the endosperm was completely exposed and mostly detached.

The styles were a Scotch Strong Ale and a Scottish Heavy 70/-. The Strong Scotch Ale OG/SG was 1.142 :rockin: and the 70/- was 1.042. Measured the grains Friday night and started the strike water at 7:00AM Saturday. Wrapped up everything at 6:00PM. I’m pooped!! :drunk:

Nice... my next partigyle might be a 1/3 - 2/3. The last one was a 1/2 - 1/2 it was so much easier than I thought it was going to be!

BTW, that is a ridiculous OG for a strong scotch, how much yeast did you pitch on that bad boy?

Back