So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to brew this weekend so bad, but I already have so many in the pipeline I can't seem to justify spending more money before I get some of these beers drank.

I'll help!

There's still ice on the ground so I figured I'd bottle my LBAA Brown Ale while I was stuck in the house. The wife doesn't even argue when I take over the kitchen for a few hours :) Then I'm brewing a small 1 gallon batch of Mean Ass Irish Red!

My wife is out of town visiting family... so it's a brew weekend! I'm brewing up 10 gallons of ESB, 10 gallons of a Hopslam clone, and 10 gallons of Belgian Dark Strong Ale (that will sit in my basement until next winter.) Cheers!

After a two month brewing hiatus thanks to a crazy work schedule, the holidays and a gout diagnosis that cut me down to only a couple of beers a week, leading me to give away a lot of my beer stocks to friends and coworkers, I will be brewing a Bourbon Barrel Porter kit that I received for Christmas and marking my 2-year brewing anniversary. A high temperature is forecast in the mid 20's F (AKA: Minnesota sunbathing weather). It'll be nice to get back in the game again...

I got the same kit last week, watch the yeast, even with a good starter, it's only down to 1.034 after a week in the fermenter.

Brewed BM's centennial blonde at lunchtime, have a Brewers Best west coast IPA kit going now. Figure I've got a totally empty (and hopefully fixed) kegerator and we're housebound (about two feet of snow out there and still falling), may as well get my brew on.

Making beer in a blizzard. Really. 20" or so on the ground and the wind has already blown my burner out twice during steeping.

I'm calling it Snoatmeal Stout. ;)

Making beer in a blizzard. Really. 20" or so on the ground and the wind has already blown my burner out twice during steeping.

I'm calling it Snoatmeal Stout. ;)

I'm calling mine Lizzard Warning Wit

image.jpg

The snow consumed my whole day. Hopefully tomorrow I will brew a hoppy red lager. 6 - 12 inches my @$$.

Brewing tomorrow for sure! A belgian blonde recipe I tweaked from Beersmith... testing out a new direct fire mash tun I bought from HBT classifieds!

I purchased materials for my third batch (extract+ Chocolate stout) and just bottled my first, an imperial stout of the same derivation. I feel good.

Gonna brew a simple, sessional pale tomorrow. Marris Otter and a little bit of honey malt. Going with Magnum for bitter, then .5 of centennial at 10, 5 and 0.

I actually might throw a tiny bit of Falconers flight I have in on the 5 and 0 additions as well. I have a little bit left in a vacuum bag in the freezer I probably should kill. I just opened it and it still smells really good. So yeah, that will probably get a touch of Falconers as well.

Brewed a coconut Porter today. Put some roasted coconut in the last 10 mins of boil and...damn! I wanted to drink the whole hydro sample!

I'm going to add more coconut to secondary and going back and forth over adding some cacao nibs.

Stone enjoy clone. Super pumped about this one! Amazing how much hops this recipe calls for. Nothing beats a sunday morning brew session.

Brewed an IPA yesterday with Columbus for bittering and Citra for aroma. I'll dry hop with more Citra when it's ready.

@PlexVector and @Devon

You guys will be happy to hear that I cleared some room in my kegs :D Now I can brew a batch of beer this weekend its supposed to be 70 degrees and sunny in Texas. I am thinking I will do an IPA called Fresh Squeezed.

https://www.deschutesbrewery.com/.../fresh-squeezed/

That looks great, but 70! I got 3" sleet and 1/4" of snow, However the sun did somewhat shine on Sunday and I was able to brew my IPA too, as well as shovel the driveway...somewhat.

Not brewing this weekend but I'm brewing 10 gallons Wednesday night. I'm going to split into 2 fermenters 5 gallons each half will get Gigayeast farmhouse sour the other half will get Gigayeast sour saison.

After a two month brewing hiatus thanks to a crazy work schedule, the holidays and a gout diagnosis that cut me down to only a couple of beers a week, leading me to give away a lot of my beer stocks to friends and coworkers, I will be brewing a Bourbon Barrel Porter kit that I received for Christmas and marking my 2-year brewing anniversary. A high temperature is forecast in the mid 20's F (AKA: Minnesota sunbathing weather). It'll be nice to get back in the game again...

I will take a few bottles off your hands. I will even rinse them out when I am done .:mug:

Going to try and break in my Blackstar burner this weekend! :D Not sure exactly what I will be making as it is the 'Shot In The Dark' mystery kit from Austin Homebrew Supply..Need to make a sticky reminder to myself to go get a propane tank Saturday morning..LOL

And it shouold be awesome weather to be outside here..Highs near 70! :D:ban:

Just as I do every week. Gotta keep this yeast culture going! I'm a slave to the little guys, at least that's what the billions of voices in my head tell me ;)

Doing another from scratch recipe, Blue Beam IPA.

Lots of Galaxy and Citra with some Columbus and Centennial, Horizon for bittering. 70 IBU, 6.5%, all but bittering hops from 20m-whirlpool.

Yum!

After splitting up my brewing between Thursday evening and Friday morning last week, I'm doing the same again.

I'll do the mash tonight, bring the wort just to a boil, cover it and then do the boil tomorrow. My only concern is how to handle the first wort hops. I'll probably toss them in tomorrow, raise the temperature to 170 for 20 minutes, and then do the boil.

Oh, and it'll be a rye IPA with Amarillo, Citra, and Columbus.

Started 6.5 gallons of apple cider in conical fermenter using Cider House Yeast and a 1.25 cups white sugar per gallon. Halfway through ferment I plan to add a few pounds of DME syrup just to amp up the ABV.

30 minutes into my boil on 10 gallons of a chinook/centennial pale ale. If all goes well I'll brew again tomorrow or Saturday. Thinking 10 gallons of cream ale so I can put half on the new nitro setup. I've heard good things.

Getting back into since before the holidays.
Going to do a Double brew day. Doing my Green Mountain ESB and a yet to be determined brew.

Back