Priming with canned frozen juice question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lex990

Reaction score
The store didn't have cran-raspberry as I wanted. So I got apple raspberry and cranberry. Will I be safe to add half of each to the bottle bucket??? Any need In boiling the juice since it has been frozen for a long time?

The store didn't have cran-raspberry as I wanted. So I got apple raspberry and cranberry. Will I be safe to add half of each to the bottle bucket??? Any need In boiling the juice since it has been frozen for a long time?
Thaw it completely to room temperature. Don't boil.

How many gallons are you planning on backsweetening with 12 - 24 ounces of concentrate?

how much sugar is in the concentrate?? look at the nutrition info on the cans and multiply the grams per serving by the servings per container.

I just did half and half so it should be enough. Hopefully no bombs.

I use a can of concentrate per 5 gallon carboy to prime. Carbonation comes out light and crisp but next batch ill double this amount for more.

28 grams is equal to roughly an ounce. Usually there are 6 earnings in a frozen can of concentrate and 26-30 grams of sugar per serving so about 3/4 cup of priming sugar is equal to one frozen can of concentrate.

Back