Which components of a kegging system need to be sent away for pressure testing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadcactus

Reaction score
Is it just the CO2 tank or all of the kegs too? I'm assuming the former. How much can you expect to pay for the pressure testing and how long is it good for?

On a tangent: is a dual body regulator specially built or can you just attach a second regulator to the tank pressure port of another?

usually the tank is pressure tested when filled. I get all my gasses from WestAir. I basically have whats called a lifetime lease on all my gas tanks (4 5lb CO2 tanks, 1 ten lb CO2 tank, a 10lb MIG mix tank and a big oxygen and big acetylene tank) when my tanks run empty, I take them over there, drop the empties on the dock, guy writes me a ticket and while I go inside to pay he brings out new full tanks of whatever I dropped off and they keep the empty tanks to refill for another customer.

Bump.

Probably a silly question, but can you just attach a second regulator to the tank pressure port of another to create a dual body regulator?

Awesome. Do I need any special connectors or other hardware? Or is it just little screwing one into the other?

deadcactus said:
Awesome. Do I need any special connectors or other hardware? Or is it just little screwing one into the other?
I believe they are left handed threads on the high pressure ports of the regulator bodies.
Try this ---> Micromatic coupler

or...

If you don't already own a second regulator body. You can buy an add on. I bought this same one about 3 years ago or so. Micromatic Add-On
It screws directly onto your tank, and your other regulator screws directly onto it. No additional fittings necessary.

When I added one to mine I just picked up a male to male short pipe from Lowes, screwed right in. Some high pressure ports have left hand threads, but they're not always that way. Be sure you buy another primary regulator though that's built to hook to a tank directly. My LHBS misunderstood what I was looking to do at first and sold me a secondary regulator. Fortunately I noticed it as I was hooking it up.

Back