Noisy March 809

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAMPLER

Reaction score
I just hooked up my new March 809 and did a quick test run through with it and during the initial start up of the pump the fan makes a noise. It almost sounds like the aluminum blades of the fan are hitting something. It only last for about 5 seconds then it goes away. The same thing happens when the pump is turned off.

Any ideas of the problem?

I just hooked up my new March 809 and did a quick test run through with it and during the initial start up of the pump the fan makes a noise. It almost sounds like the aluminum blades of the fan are hitting something. It only last for about 5 seconds then it goes away. The same thing happens when the pump is turned off.

Any ideas of the problem?

Is the pump vibrating on something?

I just ran about 3 gallon through it and things seem to be better off now. I assume there was some air in the housing which may have caused the problem. Looks like we are good to go.

Thanks

Normal for the pump to "chatter" if there is no liquid in it. Also, if you have it mounted to a metal frame, put some cork material under it, and that will also make it less noisy as well.

Don't forget to oil it every six months. My march pump has two ports for 3 in 1 oil.

Back