Brew stand input Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspector13

Reaction score
Over the last several weeks I have been building my first brew stand. I am not a metal worker, so go easy on me as far as that goes. My first design was going to have three burners. That was before I read the thread RIMS for dummies. Before I get any further, I would like to get your input in general. In particular, where where to mount the heating unit? The pump will be mounted in the box under the mash tun.

Any guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

rig001-1.jpg

So, you are going to use a rims chamber?

Why not horizontally, just below the MLT for gravity feed and priming, alongside the MLT on the uprights to the HLT?

So, you are going to use a rims chamber?

Yes, will use a rims chamber/heater.

Why not horizontally, just below the MLT for gravity feed and priming, alongside the MLT on the uprights to the HLT?

That is what I was thinking but was not sure. I am considering fabricating some hook type mounts so is could be turned over (hose barbs down) to drain the system after brewing and cleaning.

I didn't think this was going to be as big of a project as it has turned out to be. Oh well, it's all good.

I didn't think this was going to be as big of a project as it has turned out to be. Oh well, it's all good.

Yeah. It's a lot of work. Is why I just bought one. Even still, it's a PITA cause they keep making upgrades. The latest is a Stainless Steel chamber with a Stainless heating element fit by tri-clamp for easier removal and cleaning.

Back