Beer for Breakfast!? How 'bout you?!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QueenCityALER

Reaction score
My last time was long ago at the beach with friends. Man we had a blast!! Stayed smashed all day out on the shoreline!! So when's the last time you smashed a beer for breakfast?!:drunk::rockin::drunk:

Is it abnormal to drink beer with breakfast? Weissbier is the breakast drink of choice for many Bavarians. Northern Germans tend to drink sparkling wine with breakfast. Only in America is there this stigma of drinking before noon. I think it's silly.
I tend to prefer a dark beer with breakfast...ideally an espresso stout or something of that bent.

Is it abnormal to drink beer with breakfast? Weissbier is the breakast drink of choice for many Bavarians. Northern Germans tend to drink sparkling wine with breakfast. Only in America is there this stigma of drinking before noon. I think it's silly.
I tend to prefer a dark beer with breakfast...ideally an espresso stout or something of that bent.

Yea. I need start a new custom at my house. Beer with breakfast. Start your day out just right!!:D

I think as an adult that is quite capeable of handling a beer anytime I want, can, and do infrequently have beer instead of breakfast on weekends that I'm not working or planning on driving.

My one and only breakfast beer was a pint of 'Cardinal' in the alpine village of Kandersteg, Switzerland
I felt quite 'dirty' drinking at that time, but as someone has already said, it's only a stigma and it really isn't that bad, in fact, I enjoyed it:D

I was on night shift in the ER a few weeks ago, and would come home at 7am and have a beer with "dinner" while my wife was getting ready to go to work. While it wasn't really breakfast to me, it did confuse my wife when I would sit down with a beer while she was eating eggs and toast :D

Last fall when I went to the Rams game. It was a 3 hr drive, and we stopped every chance we could and pounded a quick brew. (Yes, we did have a DD) We got to the game at 10 and started grilling brats in the parking lot.

I rarely "eat" anything but coffee on weekend mornings, so it's not at all unusual for beer to be my firts source of calories on a Sat or Sun (albeit usually not until close to noon.

Anytime I'm on vacation or doing an "event" (football game, etc.) I'll start as soon as I wake up, as long as I'm not driving. My intent isn't to get smashed (usually ;)), but beer is usually the drink I enjoy the most.

So why not?:mug:

When I'm brewing I often have a beer with some eggs in the morning. Most memorable beer for breakfast? Let me tell you a story.....

It's my bachelor party weekend. Me and five other guys set out to the Outer Banks for a beach weekend including the highlight of a deep sea fishing trip on a chartered boat that takes us out 8 miles to the Gulf Stream. On the morning of, we set for the boat at around 5AM. Half asleep, we get to the marina and realize most of the boats have cancelled their trips due to weather but we're real men, so we trudge onward. As we motor out of the waterway and into the ocean, the water is rough. Real rough. For the next hour and a half, we took turns crawling (literally) out of our cabin, onto the fishing deck, and puking our guts out over the edge. Finally, the first mate comes down from his perch and lets us know that we're 'about halfway there'. At this point, he gives us the option of turning around and only pay for the fuel that was spent on this ill fated trip. After the six of us were done pretending we didn't want to get the hell out of there, we all agreed and turned around. When we get back to the hotel, it seems logical that since we all already tossed it, and we had no plans for the rest of the day, we might as well get drunk.... Sitting on the beach at 9AM, tired but feeling pretty good, with my five best friends drinking a Carolina Nut Brown is the most memorable breakfast beer of my life.

If the mood strikes I have no problem having a beer when I wake up. Snowboarding season is a good time for morning brews but I haven't had a roll out of bed and start drinking morning in a couple months.

When I'm brewing I often have a beer with some eggs in the morning. Most memorable beer for breakfast? Let me tell you a story.....

It's my bachelor party weekend. Me and five other guys set out to the Outer Banks for a beach weekend including the highlight of a deep sea fishing trip on a chartered boat that takes us out 8 miles to the Gulf Stream. On the morning of, we set for the boat at around 5AM. Half asleep, we get to the marina and realize most of the boats have cancelled their trips due to weather but we're real men, so we trudge onward. As we motor out of the waterway and into the ocean, the water is rough. Real rough. For the next hour and a half, we took turns crawling (literally) out of our cabin, onto the fishing deck, and puking our guts out over the edge. Finally, the first mate comes down from his perch and lets us know that we're 'about halfway there'. At this point, he gives us the option of turning around and only pay for the fuel that was spent on this ill fated trip. After the six of us were done pretending we didn't want to get the hell out of there, we all agreed and turned around. When we get back to the hotel, it seems logical that since we all already tossed it, and we had no plans for the rest of the day, we might as well get drunk.... Sitting on the beach at 9AM, tired but feeling pretty good, with my five best friends drinking a Carolina Nut Brown is the most memorable breakfast beer of my life.

Great story. I think most of my early morning beers were on fishing boats. I've found that the best way to combat seasickness is by chugging a beer.

Breakfast beers are the best. Especially on a Sunday when your only plan is to watch baseball on TV.

In Philly there's an annual "Wingbowl." It's an eating competition that starts at 7 AM on a Friday. Thousands of people show up and it's probably the most ridiculous event to witness- I highly recomend it to vistors. To prepare for this event, we woke up at 4:30 AM, poured glasses of Founders Breakfast Stout and cooked a huge breakfast. The event ended at 10:30 in the morning so it's really a sight to see thousands of drunk people roaming the streets looking for a lunch spot to continue drinking.

I'm totally in agreement about a "breakfast beer" on a weekend - no big deal.

Love me an IPA in the morning! :D

There are many days that I wake up and do "tastings" for my job, so how is that any different from sitting down and enjoying a pint before the day gets going. It isn't like I am trying to get smashed. There are those times, but they are few and far between

My wife went to visit her dad for a few days, I'm a teacher and ended up having a snow day while she was gone. I decided to have a 22oz Southern Tier Oat- Oatmeal Stout, for breakfast. I was thoroghly buzzed by 9:00am. I prefer to get my oatmeal in liquid form!

Last week in Eastern Oregon. Vacation for a week with all my friends. Every morning at 10am beer was consumed.

Life should be a vacation.

I am reminded of this photo I saw on 4chan some months back:

1235953972012.jpg

Back