I want to build a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good to me. As long as the fridge stays as warm as you want it and you confirmed that two kegs will indeed fit that fridge.

The description says it has a small freezer. It may need to be "bent" back against the back of the fridge to clear the top of the kegs.

The description says it has a small freezer. It may need to be "bent" back against the back of the fridge to clear the top of the kegs.

If that is the one that everyone has been talking about on here lately, the freezer is only a shelf, removing it is as easy as popping out the supports and (maybe) moving the temp controller/light.

Looks good to me.

If that is the one that everyone has been talking about on here lately, the freezer is only a shelf, removing it is as easy as popping out the supports and (maybe) moving the temp controller/light.

Looks good to me.

Actually it's easier than that. The shelf only serves to form a partition between the upper area of the unit and the lower area. The actual evaporator coils are embedded within the top part of the fridge (sides and top) leaving about 4-6 inches (can't remember exactly) of coil-free space near the front of the fridge.

I recently converted this fridge and it fits two kegs and a 5# CO2 tank inside (you'll have to move the temp control, but that's easy). The top is just plastic so drilling through the fridge is a breeze if you're going for a tower setup.

There are pics of door and tower conversions of this fridge in that thread in the DIY forum. Bumbler and I both have tower pics in there.

Cheers!

Only problem you are going to have is that you will instantly want to have more than two beers and/or Apfelwein on tap. The day I finished my oster conversion I wanted a keezer! :(

Only problem you are going to have is that you will instantly want to have more than two beers and/or Apfelwein on tap. The day I finished my oster conversion I wanted a keezer! :(

+1

Less than a month after I had 2 on draft (max for the fridge I was using)
I upgraded to the 7.2cf magic Chef that will hold 4, and upgradable to 6 with a colar.

If you are going to be running this somewhere where you have room for a keezer, I would go that route (mine is in the garage)

I would only do a small fridge if that was all the room i had, or wanted something prettier than the keezer (Which i think looks good as is)

2 beers is fine for me. I could not drink more than that in any reasonable amount of time. Then again, what I REALLY want is 4-5 smaller kegs with different beers. I'm looking into it. I like the variety.

So for now I kept the inner door panel in place with the shelves and load it up with bottled beer.

Back