Atomic Fireball: 20 hours and no activity. RDWHAHB?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerRunner

Reaction score
Or panic? I used 2 packs of Wyeast 4184 Sweet Mead. I'm getting worried. Also getting ready to dump in some Red Star Pasteur Champagne yeast. That stuff is going like gangbusters in my JOAM and Bochet.

sweat mead yeast is slower than any other yeast I have ever seen, it took 4-5 days on the few batches ive made with it.

4-5 days to get started???

That's what he said...and beer yeasts even can take as much as 72 hours to get started...so just relax!!!

Step away from the fermenter...two packs is enough...let the yeasties get used to their new factory, and they will start doing what they know best to do...

Every fermentation is different...

one of my 1st posts was about me freezing the sweet mead yeast and then i was panicking. Do u have a pic of what ur carboy looks like? Mine started on the 4th day. I was told to not panic and wait a week. There was weird stuff floating in the carboy before the bubbling happened.

you are fine. don't worry about it and don't open the container.

I just added 6 lbs of prickly pear fruit to a mead and it took 2 weeks to start up again. yeast does it's own thing, it's a living thing and can't always be predicted.

Back