kettle size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishwater

Reaction score
I want to get into all grain. But I need a new Kettle. what is a good mid size I am on a budget:rockin: But, I want to get one I can use for a while
THANK YOU

Cheapest way to get into AG is a turkey fryer. $30 for a kettle and burner, but be careful and watch for boil overs. I will be upgrading my turkey kettle soon.

Read this Equipment Sticky, or be afraid for no reason. And you definately can't buy stainless on a budget. Or make a keggle if you can get a spare keg for free from somewhere, it just is a little large (15.5gal) for a 5gal batch.

I am scared of alluminum

No reason to be...you just need to boil some water in the pot for 30m prior to your first batch. This creates a layer of oxidation between the aluminum and your wort, so no off flavors are imparted. Also, after the boil you've just removed any aluminum bits that might be on it from the manufacturing process. I've used my aluminum pot for the past 4 brews and can't detect the taste, even in my lighter beers.

Back