You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you take greater care when opening a commercial brew to save the caps. Then when de-labeling to dry & save the labels to trade for other things for the brewery.

when this is part of your anniversary present

Picture2.jpg

You get anniversary presents? I've been married almost 36 years--where do I sign up for that?

I feel you .It was like that for me until last one all I got her was a card .I guess she figured it out. I got a $100 gift certificate to my LHBS. And we had dinner at a brewery .:rockin:

We don't do many presents. "Yeah you can buy that extra nice amateur radio." "How about we get the good burner for brewing?" "Gonna order this stuff for the garden." Yup yup yup...

When you're at work, bored, cruising craigslist when you find a SCANDALOUS deal on three ball-lock kegs....I've emailed the guy twice and no response yet. I NEED THOSE KEGS!!! NOW!!! Yes I realize the seller is probably working too, but darnit! 3 KEGS FOR (a ridiculously small amount of money that I won't post here in case one of yous snatches them up first)!!!

When your brother emails you the web deal from Northern Brewer on 4 big mouth bubblers for $99 and you have confirmation of purchase less than 5 minutes later!

When you are making coffee in the Bialetti moka and think "I wonder what water additions I could use to make the best coffee possible?"

Incorrect thread posting. Reported.
This belongs in the "Post the pics of the beautiful place you live to make everyone else jealous" thread.
Lol.... Gorgeous view man!

Hahahaha yeah we're pretty blessed. Still a bunch a hard workin joes with a high cost of living. Not that anyone wants to hear that! Stoked to be able to share some homebrew with a bunch of people who live off the grid...

Awesome view man! How do you chill there? No-chill i presume...

Actually my boy has got amazing water pressure up there from tapping the river. It's colder and way more pressure than at my house! With my trusty jaded immersion chiller (75 feet of copper coil) got 11 gal of wort chilled down to 78f in 7-8 minutes. Gotta be a record for Maui in the summer...

We had a situation like that in Harmony Township, PA, on the mountain we had 114 acres on top of. The cistern water & creek water running under the /drake Highway were 38F in August! You'd blow steam drinking out of that creek while fishing for brownies & speckled trout! :ban:

That's what my older son always said my brew kettle smelled like when he'd come over on a brew day! He liked my cascade pale ale though...

Your all giddy like a school girl when explaining to your 5-year old what's going on in the yeast starter you made from a can of SNPA.

When you are teetering on the edge of temporary financial hard times (really, only a few weeks) and you choose to order brewing supplies over a car part that might not make it the next few weeks.

When a friend walks in and asks if all those beer cases are full... umm no those are empty cleaned bottles waiting for the next bottling session... 4 cases per 10 gallon batch. "But you have beer sitting in the back room? Why are you making more?" Umm because what is back there is carbonating and won't be drinkable for 2-4 weeks or more... some people don't get it when I tell them multiple times a batch of beer is 2-6++++ weeks(2 is when I push it with a lawnmower beer!)

When your 12 year old son walks into the kitchen as you are adding more cucumbers from the garden to an ongoing bucket of homemade dill pickles and says "Hey dad what do you think would happen if you add sugar and yeast to that bucket?"

You buy a second keg (2.5 gallon corny) for your kegerator not thinking about what you're going to do with the beers you have aging in there since you can only fit two kegs and nothing else (mini fridge). Now I have a brew that needs to be kegged and I need to free up some space. [emoji16]

Thankfully the smaller keg should be able to sit on a 12 pack box. But I need to free up the other box. Challenge accepted!!

You visit your daughter in El Paso and she takes you to a large antique store. You walk around looking for two things: old beer artwork and/or cool old crap you can repurpose for brew day!

When you meet the garbageman at the curb with sacks of spent grains to make sure they don't spend an extra few days in your garbage can. Did it this morning (Fri.). The heat wave would have made those sacks pretty ripe by Tuesday (next pick-up).

When you meet the garbageman at the curb with sacks of spent grains to make sure they don't spend an extra few days in your garbage can. Did it this morning (Fri.). The heat wave would have made those sacks pretty ripe by Tuesday (next pick-up).

I hear you. This Texas heat just bakes spend grains in our bin. In fact, it has a permanent rancid smell beyond comprehension. The garbage men probably check my bin for bodies.

You're willing to pay the electricity to run two fridges in the garage during the Texas summer but won't let your wife keep the inside temp where SHE wants

I hear you. This Texas heat just bakes spend grains in our bin. In fact, it has a permanent rancid smell beyond comprehension. The garbage men probably check my bin for bodies.

The guy actually asked me what they were. He was angling to leave them for rubbish/brush pick-up on Wednesday. I told him I brewed a batch and they would stink to high heaven in no time. He took them without a thought.

Back