kegerator question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furniture_guy

Reaction score
I am making a kegerator out of a mini fridge that will fit into a bar. So my question is If the beer line is exposed (about 6")between the top of the fridge and the top of the bar where it goes up into the tap will that badly affect the temperature of the beer in that part of the line?

Yes and no, but mostly yes.

Anytime carbonated beer is allowed to warm to room temperature and dispensed from a tap, it will foam. Your first glass will probably always be foamy. Subsequent glasses poured immediately will be OK, all other things being equal.

Not to bad, but if I was in your position, and i am, i would (will be) put some form of PVC from the top of the kegerator to the bar top. that way all cold air from fridge stays where the beer line is.

I have a couple feet of unchilled line running up to my beer tower. The first glass is usually about 25% foam, but after that it's ok. I think the biggest concern is if you let it sit too long without using it. The beer in the lines might get nasty. I don't usually have that problem :)

Back