Who has combined Brett L and B?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lodovico

Reaction score
How did you like it? I'm going to be putting together a sour and using these two strains together.

Were you happy with the result? Thanks.:)

I've done an all-brett brew using Brett L as the primary yeast, followed by Brett B in the secondary. It worked fine.

My initial recipe included a healthy amount of acidulated malt, and the Brett L initially added some additional tartness as well. By the time I racked to secondary this tartness/acid character had completely changed and the beer was quite smooth.

I have since added 4 lbs of dried cherries rehydrated in a bottle of pinot noir, followed by a vial of Brett B to chew up the cherries and add more complexity. Depending on how it is tasting in a few months I may give it some time on (used) oak as well. We'll have to see on that.

Overall, though, I've been happy with the results thus far.

I brewed a few batches with german ale and abbey ale mixed for primary. Then added both brett L and B with lacto and pedio. The beer is bottled and tasting really nice right now. To nice, based on the way I felt this morning!

I have a 100% Brett B and Brett L beer sitting right now. I have to buy a floor corker before I bottle. Ill let you know how it turned out if I bottle soon.

Back