• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED White Labs WLP001 Mid-Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why don't you buy some Safale US-05 just incase you can't find any (as a backup)... same stuff

05 is a great option you could also go down to the local microbrewery and see if they have a pitch for you.

Michigan brewing has it but I would use US-O5 you dont need to make a starter just rehydrate and away you go.

Where in mid Michigan are you? You could take a day trip to gand rapids and to Scilianos if you havent ever been its worth the trip, and the always carry wp0001. Also if you are close enough to mountain town in mount pleasant I am sure they could help you out.

I've always used US-05 in the past. I just wanted to try to improve the taste of my beers. Liquid yeast makes better tasting beer than dried yeast, right?

US-05 and WLP001 are reportedly the same strain of yeast. Some say they pick up a slight "peach" ester from US-05 at low fermentation temperatures but I've not noticed it.

You'll want to do a starter if you use WLP001 over US-05 to match pitching rates.

Back