2nd brew ideas?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalenSevinne

Reaction score
I just bottled my first brew experience - an IPA. I want to brew a second batch next week. I would like something that is quite different than the IPA. My house temps are around 70 degrees but have recently purchased a used chest freezer and will be able to use it once I get a temperature controller. Any ideas.

Galen,

Welcome to the world of homebrewing. I am still a noob only about 10 brews under my belt. But of those 10 brews I have made Irish Stout 3 of them. That would be my recommendation if you like stout. Each batch gets better, I finished off the second and waiting (not so) patiently for the third to bottle condition.

:mug:
Cheers...

what about something light for the summertime? Hefeweizen or a Blonde? something that can go to bottle rather quickly.

Well, what kinds of beers do you typically like? I'd start looking there for brew ideas

I did alot of research before I got in to this obsession, and the most clear advice I got from someone was "brew something you like to drink." Others were making wild infused beers, but when it comes down to it, what do YOU like to drink, and drink a lot of it!

+ 1 to phatuna

I still have my first batch, also an IPA, in bottle conditioning and wanted something very different for my second. Figuring it would be ready mid-late august I chose a golden ale since I love Tire Bite on a hot summer day. It's probably a couple weeks late for the hottest part of the summer but should still be great.

Back