Brick single tier sculpture

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnabyHooge

Reaction score
Pending any major issues with the inspection tomorrow, our new house will have a patio complete with natural gas supply. My latest idea is to build a brick wall/shelf of sorts on the edge of the patio that would contain the necessary burners within. When not in use, an all weather wood top would be placed on top and would function as a bench or a place for potted plants and cover for the burners.

This kind of setup would obviously limit me to decent weather brewing, but I'm fine with that. I'll likely be brewing in a different, more lager friendly location in the winter anyway.

Can anyone see any reason that wouldn't work? Problems? Thoughts?

I think it sounds bad a. I am a CM major and one of my professors likes to brag about everything that he does to his house and he has the same concept. His were more like hollow columns that he could sit a keg on top of with a gas line and burner on the inside

that sounds pretty sweet. you could make it look like an old world wood-fired brewery. hide all of the gas lines and burners. gotta get all copper kettles and fermenters, though to make it authentic. just take up a collection on HBT to raise the $$$ !!

Actually, I was thinking of columns as well. My design would have the columns to hold the kegs, but it would be faced to make it appear as a single wall.

Back