Kona Homebrew Contest 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Deadline for entries is coming up on line date is 2-24. Brew must arrive by March 2.

Last year i entered two and didn't do very well in the eyes of the judges. W/a year under my belt I hope to do better this year.

Entries are:
1-Kona Chocolate Macadamia Nut Coffee Stout (Dry Stout)(Extract with steeped grains)
American Grain, English style hops and yeast.
2-Old Glory Stout (American Stout)-(AG)
All American Grain, hops and yest
3-German Imperial IPA (Imperial IPA)-(AG)
All German style or imported grain, hops and yeast.

And i don't think that German yeast and hops are going to score well with the bjcp for a double ipa....just saying...you should have enterd it in catagory 23.....but then you would have been competing against Morgan Freeman :/

And i don't think that German yeast and hops are going to score well with the bjcp for a double ipa....just saying...you should have enterd it in catagory 23.....but then you would have been competing against Morgan Freeman :/

You might have something there. But either way it's a kick ass IPA.

It all comes down to the judges....theyll knock off points, but if you still score high enough you can still place! There is an ipa comp comming up and there is no catagory for ipa...so im sending morgan as an american ipa and keeping my fingers crossed!

It all comes down to the judges....theyll knock off points, but if you still score high enough you can still place! There is an ipa comp comming up and there is no catagory for ipa...so im sending morgan as an american ipa and keeping my fingers crossed!

Where? Good luck.

WOO HOO! Just found out that my OLD GLORY STOUT, and American Stout took 2nd place. I'll post the recipe soon.

Back