christmas beer prep. move over constant pumpkin discussion.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liebertron

Reaction score
Being the great home brew planner that I know WE ALL ARE I already have my pumpkin/October/fall beers in secondary for a month now. So its time to get the Christmas recipes rolling out for those winter seasonal beers that we all want to brew only to realize that they are terrible... come on... you know they are never as good as a thick cream stout... you just like to taste Christmas

So what is your Christmas seasonal beer go to or what are you planning on brewing in preparation?

I know I am going to brew a small 2.5 gallon batch. Limited edition... right.

I'm an awful planner, my pumpkin won't even be brewed til Sunday. Ha. But for Xmas, I was thinking skipping the spice. I want to make an imperial red with a lot of piney hops. No exact recipe yet.

You're right, now is the time to be brewing higher alcohol winter warmers for the Christmas season. Last year I did an English Barley Wine that was aged on figs. Turned out phenomenal, especially with 6+ months of age on it. I'm hoping to do it again this year, although I'm in the middle of redoing the brewery.

I am ordering my ingredients for my Holiday Ale today actually. Making 10 gallons instead of 5 as a buddy of mine tried some of my amber ale while tailgating last week and liked it so much he wants me to make a batch for his family to celebrate Christmas with.

I'm going to try my hand at a xmas cookie beer. Toasted oats, molasses, spices, vanilla, honey malt.

Back