Suggested reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanHaley

Reaction score
As I have a few brews under my belt Id like to do some more reading. What are suggested Magazines to subscribe to for Brewing?

+1 to Zymurgy, BYO, Playboy and Hustler. Another good one to help explore beer styles and keep up with the industry would be Draft, Beer Connoseur and/or All About Beer.

+1 to zymurgy.
-1 to playboy and hustler. you can look at that stuff for free on the interwebs without having to pay for a subscription. and its generally MUCH better, not to mention ACTION PACKED on the webs.:rockin::rockin::rockin:

I really don't like magazines. This forum, the textbooks, and maybe a sympathetic ear at my LHBS. Get a subscription to all the worlds beers, educate your pallet.

I really like Draft for commercial happenings and whatnot. BYO and Zymurgy are good homebrew selections. All About Beer is decent as well

If you're looking to tackle a book...if you haven't read "Yeast" yet, you should. Very informative and well written.

I have both Zymurgy and BYO. They are fine, but most of what I read in there I already know from this site. Of course it's always fun to get in the mailbox. Draft is nice when I can find it, but unless it's an impulse buy, I probalby wouldn't spend the extra $$ on it. Great photos in there though.

I like Randy Mosher's Tasting Beer. Good read and informative. not so much abotu brewing as just enjoying beer more. Designing Great Beers is pretty good and describes styles and shows past AHA winners recipes.

howtobrew.com and the book to go with it is my first choice for Homebrewing book. Complete Joy of Homebrewing and Homebrewing for Dummies (yes, it's actually a very good book!) are a close second.

Have not had a chance to read YEAST yet, but it's on my list. And there are a few books on more specific styles such as Belgian beers (Brew Like a Monk) and even Wheat beer, Brewing with Wheat. Probably lots more.

All the books I've ever bought have been worth the price of admission.

Back