And it Begins...my brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extra_medium

Reaction score
finally i am getting a rig put together...here is the progress so far....
2010-11-13 19.59.51.jpg

2010-11-13 20.25.56.jpg

2010-11-13 22.25.13.jpg

i need to post the picture of the project so far, but I was able to take it on a maiden voyage this past weekend 11/14 and it worked great!!!

thanks to this forum for the inspiration! i used bed frames for the angle iron which was free so that makes it even more awesome!!:ban:

now it doesn't look like i am making meth when i brew.:fro:

:mug:

Can't wait to get started on mine. I'm shooting for next summer. By then I'll be all thought out and plans made up. Nothing fancy, just can't decide what style I want yet.

I am doing this thing very low budget so it is taking a long time, plus i am in grad school and working a regular 9-5 job...recent acquisitions:

2 female 4 male SS QD's from bargainfitters.com (best customer service) $28
2nd burner with regulator-found used turkey fryer on CL for $10 with the kettle

can't wait to put it all together. (I know I am gonna need more QD's)

now it doesn't look like i am making meth when i brew.:fro:

Now it looks like your making "good" meth. I get the meth thing all the time. Sorry, but tweekers couldent figure this stuff out if they tried.

I used to live with a tweeker I never baught so many VCR's in my life. I wouldnt mind, only none of the tattoo guns ever worked. :D

Nice I also have a Miller rubber keg which I'm using for the MLT. It works great especially with RIMS or HERMS. When I started building my single tier I wanted to keep the prices down but building a nice single tier is far from cheap.. I already have $2600 into my setup.

My suggestion with the rubber keg is to cut the handles off (pure rubber) and add a lid. It has worked for me..

I'd like to see more keep the photos coming!!

more progress:
hole for bottom drain
ball valve installed
not too sure about a bazooka screen sticking up like that, but it is secured.

going to use the immersion chiller as a HERMS. Not real pretty now but that is a project for another day.
I also was able to attach a second burner. YAY!

ForumRunner_20110523_023337.jpg

ForumRunner_20110523_023401.jpg

ForumRunner_20110523_023419.jpg

ForumRunner_20110523_023439.jpg

Looks good, but I think I'd put some kind of cross bracing in there. It looks possible for it to bend when all three kegs are full.
Good luck on your first brew with it. I hope to join you in single tier brewing next month when all the parts for my eHerm are finally here.

Looks good, but I think I'd put some kind of cross bracing in there. It looks possible for it to bend when all three kegs are full.
Good luck on your first brew with it. I hope to join you in single tier brewing next month when all the parts for my eHerm are finally here.

agreed.

Thanks!
I am going to be lowering the height by 8" and will consider a cross brace. It is welded bed frames and is pretty solid, better safe than sorry. It is functional but no way complete.

SALUTE!
~XM~

Latest posts

Back