beer line length - 1 inch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecaaster

Reaction score
whats the deal with the quick disconnect / picnic tap combo sold at my LHBS with 1 incheses :cross: of hose between the two? how is that going to provide the proper resistance to pour a decent beer? shouldnt it be like 8 feet?

whats the deal with the quick disconnect / picnic tap combo sold at my LHBS with 1 incheses :cross: of hose between the two? how is that going to provide the proper resistance to pour a decent beer? shouldnt it be like 8 feet?

Yeah, it wouldn't work very well. You could release the pressure and then pour the beer, but you'd have to keep adding CO2 to keep it flowing. As well, if you leave it at low pressure for any length of time, it will go flat. I use an 8 foot length with a picnic tap when I go on the road.

I've seen those set-ups for taking a keg to a party. Definately not going to be effective unless you have alot of foam drinking friends.

I constructed my own - only use for sampling beers fermented in the carboy though. Tried it once for serving and ended up with a pint of foam and a stained shirt.

Doesn't work very well, but no one steps on the tap or drops it in the BBQ sauce. I just take an 8' line, coil it & tie-wrap it to the keg handle.

guys....

yes it works great for the 1000th time

if you are using a picnic tap you only need 3-4" of tubing.

3394-pics.jpg

no way ! really?! thats wierd, i guess the picnic tap has a very high resistance itself to compensate for the lack of tubing?

Yeah, i wanna know what psi you serve at to keep that 1' of tap from blowing foam??

Back