Band of Brothers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyin' Lion

Reaction score
I know this is shown on the History Channel almost weekly, but for those interested in purchasing it, now might be the time.

At Target last night I found this on sale for 39.99, it is normally sold for 89.99 (I think). This is on sale through the 9th only (at least at my Target). Assuming this is a corporation wide sale, this is an excellent opportunity to own a great mini-series, I personally have never seen this on sale before.

Hope it helps someone (I got mine). :mug:

I've never watched it but suspect I'd love it. I need to DVR one from the History channel and watch an episode or two to get interested. Is it on a fixed day/time?

desertBrew said:
I've never watched it but suspect I'd love it. I need to DVR one from the History channel and watch an episode or two to get interested. Is it on a fixed day/time?

It was a series on HBO, but now is on the History Channel during Memorial day and and other similar holidays.

desertBrew --- Just buy it while you have the chance... you will not be disappointed. If you are at all interested in the history of WWII, this series is probably the best account on film.

Awesome deal. Everyone must see that series. At that price there is no excuse to not buy it and show all your friends.

Just picked up my "Band of Brothers" at Target today. It was 39.99, and a good deal. About a year ago, I saw it in Best buy for about 60'ish. Still it's a good deal for an award winning series. Now I can watch it whenever I want and not have to wait for a holiday.

I was reading on Wikipedia earlier that HBO is making another series: "The Pacific."

Obviously this isn't going to be based off a Stephen Ambrose biik but his son Hugh is a consultant and Bruce McKenna will be writing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pacific_(TV_series)

Somewhere else I read it was scheduled for release in 2009. I look forward to it and I guess I will have to buy HBO when it comes out.

Baron, I noticed that it is $52 on the website, but $40 in the store. Today is the last day of the sale, I think. So get yo butt to the store.:mug:

Yeah according to IMDB The Pacific is set for 09. And I bet it's just as good. Hanks is directing/producing again, so I have every faith in it being just as awesome, except I hope there are still some real accounts with living people like in BoB.

z987k said:
Yeah according to IMDB The Pacific is set for 09. And I bet it's just as good. Hanks is directing/producing again, so I have every faith in it being just as awesome, except I hope there are still some real accounts with living people like in BoB.

If Hanks is directing and producing it will probably be a very good series. He has an eye for detail when working the camera. I think his buddy Speilberg has helped him tremendously too. I wonder if he will be co-producing?

Dude said:
I'm pissed I missed out on the sale at Target.

I also can't wait for the Pacific series.

My BIL got it for me for Xmas one year when it was $80. It was a steal at Target. I like to watch it, put it away for a while, and watch it again a few months later. Such a great series.

Back