No address on homebrew websites?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kh54s10

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Why do a lot of homebrew supply website omit any reference as to where they are located? Or make it very difficult to find on their site?

Sometimes I am looking for a place that is close to me so that shipping will not be a week or more. Shipping yeast in mid summer comes to mind.

Are you sure the one's that don't show an address have a brick and mortar establishment, or are they online retail only? A lot of the one's online are just that, virtual stores, they don't have an actual shop. Some are both, but there are quite alot of online only places these days.

Are you sure the one's that don't show an address have a brick and mortar establishment, or are they online retail only? A lot of the one's online are just that, virtual stores, they don't have an actual shop. Some are both, but there are quite alot of online only places these days.

My point being is that if I need something for brewing on the weekend and it's Monday, I don't want to order and find out it ships from California. I live in Rhode Island. And I don't want to pay for expedited shipping.

One thing you can try is to use a domain registration search - like using this site - and plug in the domain name for the vendor. It will often resolve to the location of the owner...

Cheers!

Most of the time if you look on the website and find the "contact us" area it will give the phone # and the address.

If it does not I usually will not buy from them. I also like to know where they are shipping from.

It is fine to be internet only, but not invisible.

One thing you can try is to use a domain registration search - like using this site - and plug in the domain name for the vendor. It will often resolve to the location of the owner...

Cheers!

Tried it on my website. Got my name correct, but it has me living in Sunny Valley Calf. Yea right, I'm about 1000 miles south west

My point being is that if I need something for brewing on the weekend and it's Monday, I don't want to order and find out it ships from California. I live in Rhode Island. And I don't want to pay for expedited shipping.

Hey have you checked out Basement Brewhaus - Providence, Rhode Island up in Prov? Their hours kind of suck but I'm going to try to make it up there after Thanksgiving some time.

kh54s10 said:
Why do a lot of homebrew supply website omit any reference as to where they are located? Or make it very difficult to find on their site?

Sometimes I am looking for a place that is close to me so that shipping will not be a week or more. Shipping yeast in mid summer comes to mind.

Most of the places I shop at I know where it is. Btw you can always pick up a copy of a recent byo magazine and in the back it has a bunch of homebrew shops listed by state. Or the homebrewer association has a list on their site. If you are ponying up for expedited i'm sure shopping for the cheapest isn't your primary concern.

Hey have you checked out Basement Brewhaus - Providence, Rhode Island up in Prov? Their hours kind of suck but I'm going to try to make it up there after Thanksgiving some time.

I started online first with Northern Brewer where I bought my Deluxe Kit then other items from other sites.

I haven't been to Basement BrewHaus... Yet! I will soon.
I went to Blackstone Valley Brewing supply last week. Had a nice visit and bought a fermenting bucket and some other supplies.

Still, I work in retail so I often can not match the hours these guys are open when I need something fast. Neither of them have online ordering. I have not contacted either about shipping.

I just checked half a dozen sites I have used for homebrew supplies and they all have their physical location on the homepage or within a contact us page... are you using some lesser known suppliers?

It's an inconvenience when an online store doesn't at least indicate what state it is in. I prefer to order form merchants who are within 3 days shipping, but outside of my state.

Almost all online vendors have a "contact us" link 99% of the time an address is located there...

The site the OP mentions does not list a location that I can see either. It seems to function in Eastern Standard Time but that says nothing, especially bc it seems that it is part of a larger company - IGC America?

Just order from somewhere else if you need to know where it is. I didn't look but do they indicate timing for shipments based on your location? If they do, it doesn't really matter where they are, does it?

Almost all online vendors have a "contact us" link 99% of the time an address is located there...

Not all do. For example, I can't find anything on the Brewer's Hardware site to indicate what state it is in. No telephone number and no email address either, but there is a "contact us" email form.

But I could be overlooking it. Can you find where the address or telephone number or the state is listed?

The owner of that site, Derrin, posts on this board. I know it's in California because it is listed in the site sponsors. But I can't find an indication on the site itself.

As I stated I was just browsing. I like looking for and comparing the different sites. I generally stay away from companies that seem shady. I will buy long distance, but would like to know the location to estimate shipping times. The site that I linked is pretty good looking, but unless I decide to take the time to contact them they will not get my business.

kh54s10 said:
This is the latest. Monster Brew - Home Beer Making Kits and Equipment They are in the vendors list on this site. There is an 800# but I was just browsing.

Check it out I cannot find an address.

I have found some others without addresses by checking out links on different sites.

The terms and conditions state that they are governed by Connecticut law. That's about it, though.

I've done some design work on the side so a little trick would be a website called Whois.com - Domain Names & Identity for Everyone. You can search the domain name, then click on the link whois in the results and it will give you the info registered under the url. Sometimes it doesn't have the info you need and sometimes it has a plethora. So use it wisely.

I say email him. These domain name registers are wrong many times, and email them will help you get an idea of their customer service policies. If they don't answer, find a new site to order form would be my actions. Good luck.

Back