You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you're chompin at the bit for your supplies to come in so you can start on a new recipe with new malts & yeast you'd finally decided to try! :ban:

The only books you have read over the last year all have to do with breing related topics....and you have notes in the column, a self written page listing in the front and your own cross reference list to go with it all :eek:

When you finally think of am ingenious name for your beer after you find out your other 10 were already taken, and that one is taken too.

you know that these aren't fir/pine cones.

0902091805.jpg

Evan_L said:
^This!

Had somepeople over Sat night, made a packy run and as my buddy is perusing the BMC section I try to convince him to try it (since I will end up with the empties) dirty, I know, but worth it :D

lolol! as good a way as any!

You know you're a homebrewer when you sprinkle peach tea mix into water, which reminds you of pitching yeast, and that makes you want to brew.

You know you're a homebrewer when you are helping the wife can apple butter and ask her if she remembered to sanitize the jars first.

You know you're a homebrewer when: Your wife tells you "why not drink in the morning?...you don't work today"

You know you're a homebrewer when you sprinkle peach tea mix into water, which reminds you of pitching yeast, and that makes you want to brew.

You know you're a homebrewer when you are helping the wife can apple butter and ask her if she remembered to sanitize the jars first.
if you set aside a jar of the apple butter to ferment with out your wife's permission.

On the way to spend a day in Boston with the wife for your anniversary, you drive 45 minutes out of the way to visit a HBS that you've never been to before and spend 1 hour talking to the owner of the store....and the wife understands.

That was this past Saturday.

You do this when walking around (only replace pickle with ferment):

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man,even my sons kinda smile & roll their eys when I start smelling the grains & yaking about my lates batch of brewing stuff.

You can hear the stir plate over the baby monitor because the baby's room is slightly warmer than the rest of the house.

You put a thermometer in the pot every time you boil water, just to be sure it's still giving correct readings.

You can hear the stir plate over the baby monitor because the baby's room is slightly warmer than the rest of the house.

And then attempt to convince the wife it'll be soothing and help the baby sleep better.

When you get a new apartment and the very first items to move in are your 10 cases of bombers. :D

Oh man,even my sons kinda smile & roll their eys when I start smelling the grains & yaking about my lates batch of brewing stuff.

Then they go WTF? When your start calling them supplies "Your Precious":D

-You're making pasta, it foams up, and you think, "Sweet hot break!"

-You've made a ball-and-stick organic chem model at the bar using straws, napkins, and other people's drink garnish to explain the biochemistry of beer.

+1 if you used said models/explanation to flirt with a member of the opposite sex.

+10 if it worked!

Not sure if this was said but you know your a home brewer when you pass out at the morning meeting at work "if anybody has empty beer bottles at home I will take them" or you take them from a party at a friends house, but only when no ones looking.

Not sure if this was said but you know your a home brewer when you pass out at the morning meeting at work "if anybody has empty beer bottles at home I will take them" or you take them from a party at a friends house, but only when no ones looking.

I mentioned in a work meeting once that I was looking for bottles and got coworkers to hold on to them for me...

:D

You know you're a home brewer when you hear your Aunt trying to give away a meat thermometer at Christmas and you jump at the chance to get it.

When the only relief from back pain you've had for a week is lying flat on your back on the floor, and you're still trying to sort out how to lug your bottling gear and bucket of beer up from the basement because it's bottling day for your first all grain.

You know you're a homebrewer when: Your wife tells you "why not drink in the morning?...you don't work today"

Then you notice the videocamera light blinking at you and vaguely recall seeing a packet from a divorce attourney sticking out of her purse.

You know you're a homebrewer when the first thing you did after buying your house was claim the basement as a conditioning/Lagering room and you get upset when the wife puts stuff on your beer shelves.

When the only relief from back pain you've had for a week is lying flat on your back on the floor, and you're still trying to sort out how to lug your bottling gear and bucket of beer up from the basement because it's bottling day for your first all grain.

I have done this exact thing and had to call a friend.

Maybe use a handcart? They even have hand carts that have belts that ride on stairs as you pull them up and if it works for moving a fridge I don't see why it wouldn't work for a carboy.

Back