Are two Wyeast for Belgian Tripel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velorider11

Reaction score
Because of my schedule, I need to brew tonight and haven't made a starter. I have 2 smackpacks of Wyeast 3787. Will that be enough for a Belgian tripel with expected OG of around 1.073? Thanks

how big is the batch and what is the date on the yeast packs?

Have a look at the calculator on mrmalty.com

If the yeast is very fresh, I think 2 packs would be OK but 3 would be better.

It's a 5 gallon extract batch and the dates on the packs are late September. Thanks for the replies and please excuse the incoherent heading.

I have a belgian tripel finishing primary fermentation after 3 and a half weeks, the yeast has finally flocculated down. I pitched one smack pack that had been in a starter for only 2 days, which was definitely not ideal pitching conditions, but it is very close to target FG. +1 on the advice of upping the temp after a week or so, I had it at 62 or so for the first week and then wrapped it with my seedling heat mat to bring temp up to 68 or 69 and it fired right up and bubbled away for 2 more weeks.

Latest posts

Back