Motorcycle covers for long term storage outdoors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GilaMinumBeer

Half-fast Prattlarian
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Come rain or come snow.

I get little time to ride lately and the bike is paid for so, no reason to sell. But, it's in the way too often. I have poured a concrete pad for it to sit on and now I am looking for a good cover that won't cause the seat, grips, and paint to goto crap as a result.

Any suggestions?

For what it's worth, the mc of consideration is a 2004 Honda Aero Ace Classic 750. With huge saddlebags that I'd prefer to not have to take off.

Ouch! Nice product tho'.

Do you use one? I'd be fearful it'd become an expensive sail on a windy, stormy night, or worse, get perforated by a freak spring/summer hail storm.

I'd think for that price one could buy a rubbermaid utility shed. Maybe not.

Dawco or Guardian are the big names. You can also find a handful on eBay but look closely as some are just dust covers and some are heavy rain covers. Go for a touring cover and it will work with the bags.

Would this work? :D

1218383613_harley-girl-wallpaper.jpg

Where I live, our winters are pretty mild so I store my Vulcan 1500 outside with a cover. Just clean it, fill it with good gas, deflate tires some, remove battery, take off saddlebags, and put cover on. Those cycleshells are supposedly really great! I have a two part, lined, heavy cordura cover. I lay the bottom part out, roll the bike into the center of it, then tie it up around the bike. Then put the top part on (which goes all the way under the bike), fasten the straps, cinch down - VOILA! No water or dirt or snow etc has ever gotten in.
We get some strong winds, but the cover has never budged. When snow collects on the cover, I will go shake it off - not that I NEED to, but just for extra piece of mind.

Ouch! Nice product tho'.

Do you use one? I'd be fearful it'd become an expensive sail on a windy, stormy night, or worse, get perforated by a freak spring/summer hail storm.

I'd think for that price one could buy a rubbermaid utility shed. Maybe not.

I see that you bought one

I don't own one but my neighbor has one it can't fly away as the floor on the unit is sown to the shell. I have seen it with 2 ft of snow it holds up well. The shell is made with the same stuff that coverit garages are made of I had one of those for 8 years still holding.

Hope that will work, too many mice around here for cloth/plastic covers.They get under the cover and build nests. Had a huge one under Bertha's (the BBQ) cover this Spring.

I hate motorcycle covers, especially in the winter. PITA to get on/off, you get soaked in the process, and then there is the issue of where to put the sopping wet mess. When I get another bike, I'll be buying one of those costco sheds to park it in, or that CycleShell (thanks for the link!).

Back