Beer It Forward

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Epic. Your shirt size I stole from the BMAW thread, the Allagash was from the Alchy thread. The rest was just luck lol.
The home brews are both ready and on untapped under the homebrew name The Monday's. The wheat is my King Kamehameha Imperial Pineapple wheat (Id let it settle for a few days before drinking). The quad is my "It's a Trapp!" and two years old and drinking well enough. All three were included thinking you may or may not want to drink them right away since you are limiting yourself.

O the allagash went straight to the fridge with the homebrews haha. And I did notice the hockey puck of fat on the top of the bacon jam, which tastes absolutely amazing btw! I figured I could heat it up and mix it back in. Thoughts on that?

So I raced home from a dentist appt to jump on a conference call. Then went to walk the dog and found two boxes on the porch with curious labels:
View attachment 262840
View attachment 262841

Both were filled with awesome:

View attachment 262842
Thanks @PatrickGoss - at first I thought you were angling for a job with Brew Dog but then I realized there was a period between the 4 & 8. :)

View attachment 262844
Thanks @BGBC - can't wait to tear into these.

What a couple of pranksters, great names they gave you! Word of advice on the Skull ole: drink with a friend or three. Its a fantastic sour, but the acidity will knock you out for the evening if you try to drink yourself haha.

O the allagash went straight to the fridge with the homebrews haha. And I did notice the hockey puck of fat on the top of the bacon jam, which tastes absolutely amazing btw! I figured I could heat it up and mix it back in. Thoughts on that?

I heated it back up, mixed it back together and used the spread with some lettuce and pepper jack with some mayo. That was damn good.

Oh, and for those following the conversation earlier. There is no doubt that FedEx sends notifications based upon name, not address.

As does UPS. I wasnt notified about the one today and only the name was changed. BTW, drink that sour blackberry cider from BGBC soon. That cider is ridiculous!

NEVER agree to be the DD.

Root beer.

I was just pretending to be nice. My wife will always DD if I leave her money to go shopping while I'm hungover the following day. Y'ever get drunk... on wiiiiings?

buffalo-wing-festival-buffalowing-crop.jpg

As does UPS. I wasnt notified about the one today and only the name was changed. BTW, drink that sour blackberry cider from BGBC soon. That cider is ridiculous!

Coming up with fake names for people is way more fun then you think lol. I need to find the paper I was writing on coming up with fake names. The runner up was Ryan Drapper.

@Finsfan didchya eat anything yet? That jerky is awesome. I only see that vendor once a year, so when I do I stock up lol.

O yeah, the popcorn is gone haha. I also had to fire up the grill since it was 75° out yesterday and I had bacon jam I needed to use. I cooked up some burgers and split mine in half. One half got Whataburger's spicy ketchup that DC sent me, and the other half got the good stuff. Needless to say, the beer bacon jam half was way better haha that stuff is like crack! The girlfriend asked me last night what the heck that was in the fridge and I had to explain it was man jam. This jam doesnt go on toast or muffins. Its for meat! :rockin:

O yeah, the popcorn is gone haha. I also had to fire up the grill since it was 75° out yesterday and I had bacon jam I needed to use. I cooked up some burgers and split mine in half. One half got Whataburger's spicy ketchup that DC sent me, and the other half got the good stuff. Needless to say, the beer bacon jam half was way better haha that stuff is like crack! The girlfriend asked me last night what the heck that was in the fridge and I had to explain it was man jam. This jam doesnt go on toast or muffins. Its for meat! :rockin:

Awesome lol. Glad to 'spread' the love on the bacon jam

Very glad you did haha. Im going to try some grilled chicken glazed in this stuff next.

I think in two or three weeks I may do another BIF with the Bespoke bacon gift basket of three pounds with the jam. That should be juuuust enough to give somebody a heart attack I think.

Mhurst got me lol. I shall not want for bags for a long, long time. This is awesome man. Thanks for the BIF/Maw wet dream box. This is just crazy lol

Sorry about the packaging. I couldn't find a smaller box, but i figured you wouldn't mind once you found the beer. Glad they all arrived safe. Enjoy!

Mhurst got me lol. I shall not want for bags for a long, long time. This is awesome man. Thanks for the BIF/Maw wet dream box. This is just crazy lol

Nice! I almost spilled the beans yesterday and asked if you had received that already and i just missed the post. Another bomb dropped by mhurst! This thread is gaining some life! Hopefully it doesnt end here today. ;)

Sorry about the packaging. I couldn't find a smaller box, but i figured you wouldn't mind once you found the beer. Glad they all arrived safe. Enjoy!

Is the HB in on untapped? I came close to pulling the trigger yesterday on an uncle Jacob, but couldn't justify the 23.00 they wanted for it.

Another day, another pseudonym
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426262952.170985.jpg

Another box of yummy looking beer
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426263002.739464.jpg

Thanks @Wesleys !

And the FedEx finally returned another box they damaged. They repacked it and shipped it all the way back to me (even though it was at the local facility?!) Thing is, if I would have dropped a box off packed this way they would refuse it. And how was there no further damage as these bottles rolled around in this box?!)
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426263148.715185.jpg

Is the HB in on untapped? I came close to pulling the trigger yesterday on an uncle Jacob, but couldn't justify the 23.00 they wanted for it.

I tried untapped for about a week before i gave up, so it is not on there. I would appreciate feedback.

That is a 2014 Uncle Jacobs. I can grab some of this years for you - they are $12-13 around here. PM me if you want.

View attachment 263085

View attachment 263086

Thanks @Wesleys !

And the FedEx finally returned another box they damaged. They repacked it and shipped it all the way back to me (even though it was at the local facility?!) Thing is, if I would have dropped a box off packed this way they would refuse it. And how was there no further damage as these bottles rolled around in this box?!)
View attachment 263087

Enjoy, Mork. I'm glad the name change kept you from being notified. I look forward to your feedback on the HB, whether it sucks or not. ;)
Oh, and I've found that the Gose tastes better after it sits in the glass for a few minutes instead of straight after pouring. Don't know why, but it does.
Cheers!

Nice! I almost spilled the beans yesterday and asked if you had received that already and i just missed the post. Another bomb dropped by mhurst! This thread is gaining some life! Hopefully it doesnt end here today. ;)

I hope to send something out in the coming weeks, had to take a break after seeing my shipping bill.

I supplemented with MIFs, you can go ahead and send me an address.

Sent from the future using neurological impulses.

View attachment 263085

View attachment 263086

Thanks @Wesleys !

View attachment 263087

4 BIFs received in two days. Has to be a record!

(Sorry! Was on a gawd-awful conference call!)

This just happened and I'm wondering why FedEx didn't just load all of it on a pallet and bring a semi! :D
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272176.917833.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272188.968498.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272234.288656.jpg
I've got a call into a shrink to help with my identity crisis. :)

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272287.960374.jpg
Wow! Blown away by all this Ryan / @finsfan

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272368.684726.jpg
Looking forward to trying your RIS and the other two are super generous - thanks Mike / @mhurst111

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426272573.010856.jpg
Thanks for these homebrew Dustin / @DistirbdChemist ! Looking forward to them. :mug:

So two questions - did you all coordinate your activities?
Did everyone pick their own pseudonym?

Thanks a bunch guys - this is why HBT rocks!

Latest posts

Back