What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belgian golden strong went in the bucket 2 hours ago. First time using mr malty yeast calculator and already having major airlock activity. After brewing 1.5 years I just realized I've been under pitching all along. Epic brew day!!!

Yesterday, I bottled my Xmas Porter ("JuleJävel" app. XmasDevil) in 25cl bottles, and then I could again use the 10L fermentor for a nice IPA - single hop (Tomahawk) which I promptly baptized "Stridsyxan" (app. BattleAx). I used the first runnings for this IPA, and then with the help of a side mash (of PaleChocolate, Maris Otter, CaraMunich!!, Flaked oats and roasted barley) I could re-use the IPA mash for a porter/stout hybrid, aptly named "Fredspipan" (app. Peace Pipe). I used Nugget for bittering and Fuggles @20 min. for flavour. All-grain BIAB.

I am of course thinking of a combo like this:
30-201.jpg

A house IPA that will be transferred to keg very soon. A Belgian strong ale that just got brewed. A pilsner that was brewed 5 days ago.

A Trippel and KBS will be joining those in the next 5 days.

5 gal sour christmas last season
5 gal sour cranberry brown
4.5 gal sour am wheat w/ wild brett, lacto, pedio, and brett brux
1 gal JOAM variant (d-47 w/ 4#per gallon)
1 gal JOAM variant (d-47 w/ 4#per gallon, no pith)
1 gal pear apple melomel
10 gal christmas beer, now in whiskey barrels
10 gal Ipa, dry hopping
10 gal Punkin Ale (reno envy's recipe)

Table Stout
Sink Tripel
Pumkin Porter
Oak Aged Peach Porter
The Russian Nightmare Imperial Stout
The Hundred Dollar IPA (Pliny Adaptation, or based on advice from Vinny's article in Zymergy)
Apfelwein

Some of these would be on tap if I had more tap space. Instead they are "aging".

5 gallon smooth nut brown
5 gallon pumpkin ale
5 gallon Irish red bottle conditioning - 2 weeks down, cracking a bottle today for science ;-)

red IPA going on dryhop
a series of half batches of IPA with and without FWH and with and without continuous hopping to begin brewing tomorrow

looking at it that way I think I have tunnel vision to brew IPAs at the moment!

6 gallons of Cabernet Savignon - Bulk aging
5 gallons of American Stout - Primary
1 gallon of Cranberry Cyser - Bulk aging
5 gallons of Caramel Cider - Primary

Not quite in the fermenter yet (I started a yeast starter last night): Northern Brewer's Irish Red Ale. It's only my second beer--my first isn't even done bottle conditioning, but I just got my own equipment and I wanted to get started before the yeast (or anything else) went bad.

At the moment, I have 5.5 gal of Mcmanus Irish Stout and 12 gal of Strawberry Blond in another. I plan to bottle all of it.

beerloaf

New fermenting record for me:

Primary - Rosemary Mash Stout
Primary - Coconut Fennel Porter
Primary - Cranberry-Orange Honey Wheat
2nd - Lobster Rollsch
2nd - Smoked Pumpkin Saison
2nd - Fig Farmhouse
2nd - Whiskey Hibiscus Ale
2nd - Hop Stuffed Black IPA
Condition - Imperial Brown Pumpkin

I've currently got:

Chocolate Espresso Imperial Stout
Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar Clone
Hard Apple Cider

Can't wait till the holidays to try all theses out!

Back