It's time to upgrade to a 20 gal. brew system.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelaw

Reaction score
It's time and I'm beginning to look for a more automated brew system to brew a minimum of twenty gallons. I prefer not to build it myself but rather tap someones expereince. Looking at some of More Beer's and a few others. Currently brewing in my kitchen, will move to garage, and eventually in higher elevation/colder weather. Hoping to get direction to makers and fellow brewers with experience. Not overly concerned about cost right now so bring it on. Thanks.

I brew for a major brewery on their nano rig (won't mention the names(of the brewery or the stand)) but will say we've had to spend about $400 to correct some "rinkydink-ness" in the system post purchase. Personally I'm doing the same thing you are and am buying from www.brewsteel.com because he'll sell you what you want and expect, not what he thinks you need.

In the mean time I'm tricking out my blingman for resale. ;)

Brewing 20 gallon batches starts to get you into the range where Stout Tanks makes some sense for your HLT, BK, and Mash Tun. I just pulled the trigger on 15 gallon HLT and Mash Tun and 19.8 gallon BK. Take a look at their tanks you might be swayed to purchase their tanks and stand / controls from someone else...

You'll need something larger than 25gal for your boil pot. I tried to do a 20gal batch in mine, and had to top up with water. 25gal pots are great for ending up with 15gal in the kegs though. Perhaps consider 16-17gal batches... you can keg the whole deal in a sanke that way.

Back