What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coming off a two week dry spell (by choice). Going to hit it hard tonight to prep for tomorrows beer fest.

Starting with this.

318754d7.jpg

Glad I tried it, but never again. It reminds me of a MGD or Bud on steroids. (BTW that is the larger 26oz bar glass that the "public" can't get).

Oud Beersel Gueuze and a Samuel Smith Organic Strawberry...definitely a high class drinking night as Mom and the kids are at the in-laws' place!

Started with my house American wheat beer... but now I'm throwing back some Sierra Nevada Torpedo's. First time having this IPA, I like it. Has a bit more kick than my hefe though :D

Boulevard's Double-Wide IPA. VERY tasty stuff, and the 8% ABV doesn't hurt either...

DSCN1200.jpg

Some "modified" Makers Mark. I've used the bottle to condition 7 ounces of American med+ oak for varying amounts of time. It's interesting, smoother than the original.

Started with my house American wheat beer... but now I'm throwing back some Sierra Nevada Torpedo's. First time having this IPA, I like it. Has a bit more kick than my hefe though :D

i like some sn torpedo. good stuff. drinking american amber right now, though. the ipa and hefe will be charged and ready to drink tomorrow, just in time for the barbecue :D

MBasile said:
Some "modified" Makers Mark. I've used the bottle to condition 7 ounces of American med+ oak for varying amounts of time. It's interesting, smoother than the original.

Wow. Thought I was the only nutjob who did that. How can it be better? It originally sits on wood for 7 years for crying out loud.

latitude 48 by sam adams. its not bad. nothing really stands out, but i could definatley drink more than one.

My all Simcoe IPA. Didn't think I was going to like it when I kegged it this weekend, but it is mellowing out. Talk about bitter beer face! Hopefully it clears up a tad.

IMG_0240.jpg

Geary's Hampshire Ale.

http://www.gearybrewing.com/pages/hsa.php

Stumbled on it at a gas station (of all places), this stuff is fantastic. Brilliant even.

Not over-hopped like most micro brews who tend to hop the crap out of their stuff, but the kicker here is the malty flavor. BAM - you get slammed with a full mouthful of awesome, full bodied malt. Marvelously balanced, a great beer.

They generically list the ingredients on the website and I'm trying to duplicate it with my most recent batch. I don't expect to come anywhere near it the first shot (or subsequent attempts), but it's a fun goal to shoot for.

Earlier tonight, my English brown ale. Just poured a pint of my Dirty Blonde ale... LOUD pop from the bottle, nice carbonation, good head from her too. :rockin: I need to brew an amber/red ale soon, so that I can have a blonde, brunette and redhead all in one night. :D

Second pint of Black Diamond's Jagged Edge IPA. local brew, not too shabby (although I'd prefer a smoother bitterness).

image-1047876552.jpg

Had a Williamsburg Alewerks Tavern Ale with dinner and SWMBO had their Wheat Ale. I'm about to crack a Red Marker Ale right now.

Back