what to do with a 60 gal kettle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfish63

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I posted a while back and asked how to remove wasp killer from stainless steel. This is the piece of equipment I was referring to. I just really don't know if I would ever use this thing. When I was able to pick this up I had no idea how big it would be.

P1140348cr.jpg

P1140349cr.jpg

P1140350cr.jpg

Wow, that's a monster. My buddy has something similar at his ranch, we use it as a cooler ie throw a bunch of block ice in it and bottles (or cans) of beer. Keeps us happy for the weekend.

So, if you've gotten past the insecticide issue, it can be either your BK or maybe your fermenter.
Otherwise, it'd be a cool BBQ or Smoker where the food isn't in direct contact with the metal.

-OCD

My homebrew club has done group brews before. It would be cool if we were able to mash seperately, but have the boil as one batvh. If you are a member of a homebrew club, you have a great setup for a group brew.

There are no real clubs close to me. I started AG last year after attending a brew day at Bobby Ms. I have only done 11 batches since then. I am not ready to jump to 1bbl by myself. I guess I could use it as a cooler until I am ready.

If you've gotten the bug spray issue figured out, you could sell it to me! :mug:

Or keep it until you feel the need to brew 1-1.5BBL batches...that'd be awesome!

Back